QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP
Jul 9, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #616 of 753
Jul 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #617 of 753

Nice review twister.  It seems that the differences between this your other DAPs aren't that large.  I see you mention the word natural and smooth very often.  Would you say that this makes the QA360 boring sounding?  

It's interesting that you say that the AK120II sounds similar to the QA360 since they both share the same DAC chip (even though the AK120II has two of them).  I am wondering if this thing can best the AK100II (or even the AK120II) at half the price.  Would you say that the QA360 has more bass impact than the AK120II?

Definitely want to try and get one to use for myself.

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #619 of 753

Nice review twister.  It seems that the differences between this your other DAPs aren't that large.  I see you mention the word natural and smooth very often.  Would you say that this makes the QA360 boring sounding?  

It's interesting that you say that the AK120II sounds similar to the QA360 since they both share the same DAC chip (even though the AK120II has two of them).  I am wondering if this thing can best the AK100II (or even the AK120II) at half the price.  Would you say that the QA360 has more bass impact than the AK120II?

Definitely want to try and get one to use for myself.

You do have to be selective with headphones since it pairs up better with neutral and bright signature while anything that is already warm doesn't have as good synergy.  "Boring" is also a relative term, but it does take away some energy in comparison to other DAPs.  For me natural and smooth is more laid back, and personally I don't find it boring but if you want more energy out of your sounds (EDM, dubstep, etc.) - you might find it a bit boring.

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #620 of 753
You do have to be selective with headphones since it pairs up better with neutral and bright signature while anything that is already warm doesn't have as good synergy.  "Boring" is also a relative term, but it does take away some energy in comparison to other DAPs.  For me natural and smooth is more laid back, and personally I don't find it boring but if you want more energy out of your sounds (EDM, dubstep, etc.) - you might find it a bit boring.

I actually really love the sound signature of the AK100II (and probably the AK120II as well) which I would describe as very detailed and smooth. Slightly warm but neutral and balanced. I hated carrying it outside since it was so expensive I never wanted to actually use it. I am hoping the QA360 gets close enough to the sound signature of these two AK players that I can use it for my daily commute.

From your review it seems that the tonality is very similar and from that I think I'll try to get one in these combg weeks. Thanks for the reply.

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #621 of 753
@twister6 thank you for your detailed review, have you try QLS QA360 wit Fidue A83?

How coherence between A83 with QLS QA360?

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #622 of 753
  @twister6 thank you for your detailed review, have you try QLS QA360 wit Fidue A83?

How coherence between A83 with QLS QA360?

The synergy between A83 and QA360 is excellent, just keep in mind I'm using now Pure copper cable with A83.  But even with original silver plated cable or pure silver cables, QA360 signature adds more depth to low end (to take full advantage of its dynamic driver) and smooth out the top end to keep BAs under control without any harsh peaks or sibilance.

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #623 of 753
Thank you for your answer.

Sometimes A83's treble side can be out of control especially DAP's wihch are treble freq is alive DAPs(PAW 5000 is too harsh and probably DX90)

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #626 of 753

The synergy between A83 and QA360 is excellent, just keep in mind I'm using now Pure copper cable with A83.  But even with original silver plated cable or pure silver cables, QA360 signature adds more depth to low end (to take full advantage of its dynamic driver) and smooth out the top end to keep BAs under control without any harsh peaks or sibilance.

I will use it with default cable, and I hope treble and bright sound will not tiring.

I couldn't listen PAW 5000 with A83 because of too bright on treble side. All of the rest was perfect.

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #628 of 753
@twister6

Thanks twister6, nice review, which firmware version APP is you have tried (in system info)?

The latest generic fw version v1.3.  I heard some high praises for their WAV Pure version fw, but I hardly have any wav files, only mp3s and flacs and a few dsd.  Wonder if soundstage width is better with that pure wav version.

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #629 of 753

I will use it with default cable, and I hope treble and bright sound will not tiring.

I couldn't listen PAW 5000 with A83 because of too bright on treble side. All of the rest was perfect.

A83 is bright by its hybrid nature, but not as bad as Altone's or DUNU's.  Plus, silver-plated default A83 cable will make sound even brighter, just a property of these alloy wires.  Hearing it bright  from PAW5k means player is transparent without rolling off any highs.  A83 is still bright even with QA360, but it's a little smoother (less harsh as it is with other daps) and copper cable adds more warmth to is.  You should check out Fidue's latest A73 (2-way hybrid, reviewing it now).  More sub-bass depth, tighter low end, and smoother/warmer upper mids in comparison to A83.  The detail retrieval almost on the same level, and it cost less than 1/2 of A83 price.  Cables are not detachable but they are silver-plated as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back