QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP
Jun 2, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #48 of 753
three bricks: size and wight belong to the same league

Thanks for sharing!

Interesting picture where the oldest brick here looks the most modern with touch screen UI and the latest one with a text based screen....

Any impression on sound, especially for it's digital out? I would love to get some comparison on how it's digital out compare a to that of 901's coax out to another DAC.

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #51 of 753
Mine will be shipped on 20th June. Another month of waiting for me. 
ph34r.gif

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #52 of 753
Thanks for sharing!

Interesting picture where the oldest brick here looks the most modern with touch screen UI and the latest one with a text based screen....

Any impression on sound, especially for it's digital out? I would love to get some comparison on how it's digital out compare a to that of 901's coax out to another DAC.

Got my unit on Monday. Run it in for 2 days, don't have any DAC in hand, can't have any say about it's digital out ,sorry.

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #53 of 753
Any chance to review the qls against the other two?

To my like, HM901 with balance amp card still is the best sounding DAP among these three. I am not sure was it due to the limitation of AMP section of QLS QA360 or MR Chen's preference, 360's base is not as fast and punchy as HM901's. Over all QA360 is roughly at the same level compare with HM901/ DX100. QA360's biggest advantage is it's battery life is about 11-12 hrs. I started playing nonstop from 6am this morning, now it is 13:25 local time, battery indicator still shows 40% remain. I will let you know the exact time 360 last from one charge. Another point is battery is 5v so portable USB charger will do the job.
UI is very simple and straight, no cover art or anything fancy. Lightening fast boot up- 1 sec or so. I only have 32g SD card, insert and ready to play in 1 sec.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #57 of 753

To my like, HM901 with balance amp card still is the best sounding DAP among these three. I am not sure was it due to the limitation of AMP section of QLS QA360 or MR Chen's preference, 360's base is not as fast and punchy as HM901's. Over all QA360 is roughly at the same level compare with HM901/ DX100. QA360's biggest advantage is it's battery life is about 11-12 hrs. I started playing nonstop from 6am this morning, now it is 13:25 local time, battery indicator still shows 40% remain. I will let you know the exact time 360 last from one charge. Another point is battery is 5v so portable USB charger will do the job.
UI is very simple and straight, no cover art or anything fancy. Lightening fast boot up- 1 sec or so. I only have 32g SD card, insert and ready to play in 1 sec.

Thanks a lot for the quick impression. 

To be in the same level with other two more expensive DAPs is impressive!

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #58 of 753
Sub'd. Looks very interesting for me. SD card support, lots of features inputs outputs. Simple UI. Gapless playback.

BUT, I noticed something on their website. They say flac supports up to 48k? Is that true? No 24/96 or 24/192 playback?

You know what, if I had cash to burn, I would blindly order one, I am serious on this one. If all else fails, it can stay with me until I get Hugo
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #59 of 753
  Sub'd. Looks very interesting for me. SD card support, lots of features inputs outputs. Simple UI. Gapless playback.

BUT, I noticed something on their website. They say flac supports up to 48k? Is that true? No 24/96 or 24/192 playback?

You know what, if I had cash to burn, I would blindly order one, I am serious on this one. If all else fails, it can stay with me until I get Hugo
biggrin.gif

Flac does not support 24/96, 24/192, no problem with WAV hires files

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #60 of 753
I am listening A Book Like This by Angus & Julia Stone with HD650 plug in QA360. Sound pretty nice, volume at 102, HD650 sounds well driven. I can feel the change of BASS department in past three days of burn in . Bass was in decline first day of burn in, but came back now with better depth and the quantity is just right to my ears. The best synergy with headphones was with my Grado PS500. Volume at 95, PS500 sound really amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back