qls mub 1
Aug 29, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #16 of 176
Yeah, actually I was sold on a few gimmicks with the MUB1 vs. Questyle MA18 for example:
- double USB C ports to charge and use the DAC at the same time
- integrated mic port, seems useless but I actually use it very often on my BTR7
- physical buttons to change tracks (only for bluetooth I guess) - this can be so convenient on the go !
- price

At last, I use Genelecs at home, so want to recreate this :
6.jpg

:)
I too was eye'ing the Questyle CMA18 Portable but am now so very tempted by the MUB1 and nearly pulling the trigger. Especially as I really do like the sound of CS43131 in my lil' Meizu HiFi Pro DAC HeadAMP dongle. I think the MUB1 could serve well as a PC Desktop DAC (paired with my desktop tube amp) that occasionally moonlights as a Portable DAC/AMP when travelling. The separate charging port is indeed a huge factor as you have stated.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #17 of 176
I pre-ordered my MUB1 when they were first announced and had to wait about four weeks. I'm really pleased with it and highly recommend them. It drives everything I've tried so far without issue, although I haven't tried crazy-hard headphones. The filters actually make an audible difference, which is unusual for me. The build quality is excellent and form factor is spot on for my needs.

You can create a "virtual" line out by maxing the volume on medium gain too, which is nice.

Aug 30, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #20 of 176
"3.5 single ended headphone port, doubles as LO/AUX output port"
You can also use the 4.4 balanced output as a line out, assuming you're connecting to a balanced input.

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 176
while it is better to wait for someone who owns the mub1 here to confirm this. I did read a post which claimed to run on external power or that's what I inferred since it's mandarin translated.
That's correct. You have two USB inputs on the MUB1. One is purely for power, the other for data. You can then either enable or disable "Charge" mode. If you disable it, the MUB1 charging is bypassed whilst playing - but only if both cables are connected. Does this help?

1693425339631.png

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #24 of 176
That's correct. You have two USB inputs on the MUB1. One is purely for power, the other for data. You can then either enable or disable "Charge" mode. If you disable it, the MUB1 charging is bypassed whilst playing - but only if both cables are connected. Does this help?

Ah okay, so it is not an external DC power supply charging mode where it bypasses the battery for extended desktop DAC/AMP usage.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #26 of 176
Hello LoneFurrow
What s mean both usb c port must be used to bypass the battery? Is possible connect to external power supply like ifi power x adapter and feed with them and bypass battery and also is possible connect charge port to deskop pc or laptop and would pc or lapotop feed quloos mub1 right and bypass the battery? Is some on off charge battery in software menu to choose?

Thanks

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #27 of 176
Just to help out LoneFurrow a bit.
Mub1 has one usb C only for data (left in the pic) and another only for charging (right in the pic). The charging port can be with "Charge enable" or "Charge disable" (both are software choices in the menu). Charge enable means power coming in that port will charge the mub1 battery and power the device itself. "Charge Disable" means that power coming in that port will only power the device and NOT charge the mub1 battery.
IMG_20230826_185106.jpg

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #28 of 176
thanks thanks this information i need it ...Please can you tell me what type of sound produce mub1? i try mojo 2, ifi gryphone and micro black label ifi and i like this three for sound but still i prefer more warm analog sound with softer highs and more authority in the bass region with fuller mids but not in your face for chill and fun not fatigue listening.can you tell me and descibe detailed how sound zhis device and if is worth buy it for my taste? Thanks allot for all information you give to me...

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #29 of 176
thanks thanks this information i need it ...Please can you tell me what type of sound produce mub1? i try mojo 2, ifi gryphone and micro black label ifi and i like this three for sound but still i prefer more warm analog sound with softer highs and more authority in the bass region with fuller mids but not in your face for chill and fun not fatigue listening.can you tell me and descibe detailed how sound zhis device and if is worth buy it for my taste? Thanks allot for all information you give to me...
I'm afraid Lonefurrow is still your best bet where SQ is concerned. I've only had the unit some days and havent had much time to really test it. Had a 3hour session in BT mode with the Crimson and it was a delight. However both the Crimson and mub1 are recent additions. Hopefully within a week or so i can go deep in it with drivers that i'm more familiar with.

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #30 of 176
ok will be nice have some reviews in future because i m really interesed buy them i like function and form factory allot but not have any information about sound....this 3 hours you try it how it sound is musical type off or more analitical staff? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back