qls mub 1
Mar 26, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #166 of 172
Can anyone comment on the playback controls such as pause/play/next, as well as the volume control? Does it work well when the device is connected via USB to your phone or computer? I’m really tempted to buy this
Yes works flawless.

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #167 of 172
Everything works well. No flaws here!
Thanks so much! I have the Shanling h7 which is also great however the playback buttons only function via Bluetooth and not usb. On Mac, it takes over the volume control and disables it completely. Based on your answer, I’m guessing that with the mub1 won’t disable the computers volume control? With the xdsd gryphon, there’s even an option to sync the volume to the device connected which is pretty cool.

Mar 26, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #168 of 172
Thanks so much! I have the Shanling h7 which is also great however the playback buttons only function via Bluetooth and not usb. On Mac, it takes over the volume control and disables it completely. Based on your answer, I’m guessing that with the mub1 won’t disable the computers volume control? With the xdsd gryphon, there’s even an option to sync the volume to the device connected which is pretty cool.
I am now interested in comparison of Mub1 and Shanling H7/H5. I assume/know Fiio dac/amp don’t sound as sweet as Mub1 as I had tried M15 few weeks back and don’t remember it sounding as natural as Mub1. If someone can throw some comparisons with Shanlings, it would be great help. Thanks

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #172 of 172
Using the MUB1 with Rose BR7 and 8 conductor balanced cable, low gain, ~25 vol, sounds quite nice. This device has a lot to like, it can power my K701 and HD800 even single ended in Super High gain mode, has a black background, medium sound stage in general with a focus on imaging and depth rather than width, tonality wise, there is some mid bass emphasis that maybe slightly bleeds into the mids, but the bass is very enjoyable, round and impactful, even slightly tubey, can bring alive some iem's or headphones that are usually flat to a fault. The treble has a shimmery quality to it, this can translate into either an airy presentation or a slightly over done splashy presentation depending on the pairing, mids are natural, not recessed at all, nice and clear, just warmer due to the bass creep, there is no sibilance or upper mid emphasis, this area is clear and smooth. The bluetooth connection also works very well, you won't miss the usb cable at all. Such a nifty device, jack of all trades, can do iems with no backround hiss or low sens headphones no problem. Despite the slightly "fun" sound sig of the MUB1, I've always found the recent Cirrus DAC's to sound a bit sterile in their presentation and this also has some of that, switching to a Sony ZX507 I get some more PRaT even though it has much less power, dynamics and contrast than the MUB1. But overall I will be using this device a lot due to it's versatility, and I like that it favors neutral pairings (think Harman 2013) and adds a bit of sauce to the bass and treble to make it interesting. So far I am favoring LL Fast filter.

20240426_095014.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back