QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 12, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #2,221 of 2,715
Also a cross post from Nic's thread. Decided to mention it here since I got a ton of messages about it. I confirmed with Andrew/Musicteck that V14 with protruded connectors still has reversed polarity and 0.75mm socket.

In theory, using standard 0.78mm cable connectors could work when you forcefully push it in, but it will loosen up the socket.

qdc-v14-x01.jpg

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #2,222 of 2,715
Also a cross post from Nic's thread. Decided to mention it here since I got a ton of messages about it. I confirmed with Andrew/Musicteck that V14 with protruded connectors still has reversed polarity and 0.75mm socket.

In theory, using standard 0.78mm cable connectors could work when you forcefully push it in, but it will loosen up the socket.

qdc-v14-x01.jpg

Glad you double checked on the polarity, I don’t like spreading incorrect info … ✌️

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #2,223 of 2,715
Some initial impressions of Anole V14. All listening so far is with switches off.

Firstly, the bass. Wow… This has some very impressive bass. Right up there with the best BA bass I’ve heard and sounds a lot better than how I remember VX’s bass sounding. V14’s bass has plenty of texture and realistic decay like a DD. Transient speed is excellent. This is a bass response that I find very satisfying. I can’t detect any bloating or bleed into the mids. Sub bass extension is excellent. Mid bass has great slam. Overall, v14’s bass gets a BIG tick of approval from me.

I never cease to be impressed by the V14's bass. Easily on U12t level and very atypical for BA bass. Very well extended, with weight, technically very competent and massively enjoyable. And no driver flex :wink:.

Jun 13, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #2,224 of 2,715
I bought qdc Anole V14 a week ago and it has finally arrived! Im currently looking for a better cable with 4.4mm. Now I stumbled upon Briseaudio Yatono Ref2 or Asuha Ref2 but Im not sure what connector type to choose since Im not sure if the 0.78mm 2-pin would fit well. Anyone who happens to have a briseaudio+qdc anole v14 combo?

Jun 13, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #2,225 of 2,715
I bought qdc Anole V14 a week ago and it has finally arrived! Im currently looking for a better cable with 4.4mm. Now I stumbled upon Briseaudio Yatono Ref2 or Asuha Ref2 but Im not sure what connector type to choose since Im not sure if the 0.78mm 2-pin would fit well. Anyone who happens to have a briseaudio+qdc anole v14 combo?

I use a PWA cable with my V14 which also has .78mm pins. When I first tried it, I had no trouble inserting it in the V14 .75mm pins, but I did so realizing there may be a problem switching back to the stock cable. No matter, the improvement for me was worth the risk.

So, to sum up, if you’re adventurous and you don’t care about widening the V14 pins, then go for it, but be careful since others here have reported some difficulty and hesitance in trying this. ✌️

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #2,228 of 2,715
Crin should explain that rating with a review, I am curious about.

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #2,229 of 2,715
Jun 15, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #2,230 of 2,715
Crin has given the V14 a A+/A+ rating. IMO this highlights some consistency issues with his older ratings like for the VX and Gemini that, sooner or later, he will have to address.
Can you screen shot or link to this because I’ve searched through the Crin latest update page where 393 new IEM’s are added and can only see QDC 8SS and 8SH - I cannot find Anole V14 anywhere.

Edit - forget that, I found it! Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #2,232 of 2,715
How does this create any inconsistency? The VX and V14 are different IEMs lol

Are we talking about rating based on a/b comparison of VX and V14 now or comparing a rating of one IEM (VX) from a few years ago to another IEM (V14) now? There is a big difference in that :wink:

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2,233 of 2,715
Tonality wise I think that the VX could be defined more reference by Crin method, but on technicalities (the second A+) I can't found anything worse than VX. So I can see some inconsistency on tech side for VX or the older Gemini

I hope Crin will make a review to explain the rating

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #2,234 of 2,715
The reviewer suggests a different source for the estats than Sonion which up to now I had thought were exclusive to the Danish company.

In the review, they say the e-stats are from "Shengyang" which I'm pretty sure is just a bad transliteration of "Sonion" into Chinese. If you Google for "Shengyang sonion", you get quite a few hits. For example, one eBay page advertises the DUNU EST 112 as having "Shengyang" e-stat unit, which we know for sure is actually from Sonion.

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #2,235 of 2,715
Is this the first time QDC offered its IEM in CM 2-pin form? I wonder if they offer this option if I decide to reshell my dmagic.

No, they've offered regular polarity/flat CM 2-pin before, but by request only. So you would have to contact them directly or go through a dealer to get it. For example, Moon Audio's listing of the Anole VX UIEM uses flat 2-pin, with a black shell instead of the stock extruded 2-pin, translucent/silver speckled shell.

For my Anole V14 CIEM, I got it in flat/regular 2-pin after conversing with Andrew from MusicTeck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back