QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 27, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #1,801 of 2,722
This post made me think instantly of Polywatch - works an absolute treat on scratched and chipped acrylic (it was designed for vintage watch crystals) and will save you a lot of bother, unless the shell is actually cracked and in danger of breaking open.

https://polywatch.de/en/plastic-polish/

Unfortunately it's a small 2mm by 2mm hole. Thanks for the recommendation, though. It's incredible how thin the acrylic was at this particular part of the shell.

May 27, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #1,802 of 2,722
Unfortunately it's a small 2mm by 2mm hole. Thanks for the recommendation, though. It's incredible how thin the acrylic was at this particular part of the shell.
Ack. That does sound like a trip to the hospital is in order. Hope it works out.

May 27, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #1,803 of 2,722
Hey everyone,

I opened up the case to my Anole VXs this morning to find a small chip in the acrylic shell. I reached out to QDC via email (still waiting for them to get back to me), but does anyone else have any experience with the QDC repair process? Unfortunately, I'm located in NY which will probably further complicate this issue.

Any advice or past experiences appreciated.
Damn, what are the odds of that happening? Could be from rough shipping or a rare comestic defect from the many VX universals being produced. My universal Geminis were custom made to the color and faceplate of my choosing which came spotless.

Jun 4, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #1,804 of 2,722
Jun 4, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #1,805 of 2,722
Hey everyone,

I opened up the case to my Anole VXs this morning to find a small chip in the acrylic shell. I reached out to QDC via email (still waiting for them to get back to me), but does anyone else have any experience with the QDC repair process? Unfortunately, I'm located in NY which will probably further complicate this issue.

Any advice or past experiences appreciated.
Bummer. Did they ever get back to you? There's all kinds of cool new adhesives out there now, like the chemical bond you set with UV light. Hope it works out for you.

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #1,806 of 2,722
Bummer. Did they ever get back to you? There's all kinds of cool new adhesives out there now, like the chemical bond you set with UV light. Hope it works out for you.

Yeah, they got back to me. I considered just having them make a custom shell for me but the cost was $600. Because I didn't want to deal with the headache of shipping to China, first, I ended up purchasing some acrilic resin which domed really nicely over the hole. Treated the layer with UV and added additionally layers, curing each in-between. I sanded it down and applied a polish. Honestly, somehow I managed to make it look and feel like new (aside from this tiny area not containing silver flakes.

Although I'm really surprised and happy with how it came out, I'm still considering looking around for a custom reshell for it. Any recommendations? - preferably US.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #1,807 of 2,722
Don't know too much about it, but I'll keep my eyes open. I might be able to get some ideas. So far I just have the V3 from QDC but that blue shell is beautiful with the gold leaf.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #1,808 of 2,722
Don't know too much about it, but I'll keep my eyes open. I might be able to get some ideas. So far I just have the V3 from QDC but that blue shell is beautiful with the gold leaf.
Yeah, they got back to me. I considered just having them make a custom shell for me but the cost was $600. Because I didn't want to deal with the headache of shipping to China, first, I ended up purchasing some acrilic resin which domed really nicely over the hole. Treated the layer with UV and added additionally layers, curing each in-between. I sanded it down and applied a polish. Honestly, somehow I managed to make it look and feel like new (aside from this tiny area not containing silver flakes.

Although I'm really surprised and happy with how it came out, I'm still considering looking around for a custom reshell for it. Any recommendations? - preferably US.

Sorry, forgot to quote doh

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #1,809 of 2,722
http://erji.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2190515

Triple DD
173433hzgtm150ao0z31oz.jpg

Limited edition VX... it was a April 1st joke... but not anymore...
173432qao9d4iihxowhxow.jpg

Gold/Silver cable with swappable plugs
173433d15vav4mz8g1a53q.jpg

No price on any of these yet, more info after June 20th

Attachments

• 173433hzgtm150ao0z31oz.jpg
    173433hzgtm150ao0z31oz.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,810 of 2,722
Jun 17, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #1,811 of 2,722

Users who are viewing this thread