QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 20, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #826 of 2,715
So for neutralish SQ I'm done with VX that is a keeper. Now contemplating diffrent type of IEM, say funky and punchy DD bass with good mid and treble.
LX and Tia Fourte were close but not convincing one way or the other. Solaris was okay but don't like the way it looks and no good fit to me.
Any other suggestions for audition, please? Fusion maybe? :thinking:

Obviously Z1R

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #829 of 2,715
So for neutralish SQ I'm done with VX that is a keeper. Now contemplating diffrent type of IEM, say funky and punchy DD bass with good mid and treble.
LX and Tia Fourte were close but not convincing one way or the other. Solaris was okay but don't like the way it looks and no good fit to me.
N8, Tia Trio, maybe NCM Bella?

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #834 of 2,715

Capture.PNG

Here is the graph of VX with all switch off vs. Z1R with Crin's graph tool. they are somewhat similar with Z1R having more bass.. but also very different. with @ddmt getting his VX, he also have Z1R and VX, and I think they are very good compliment of each other. Give that a try if you can find a Z1R demo somewhere...

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #835 of 2,715

Here is the graph of VX with all switch off vs. Z1R with Crin's graph tool. they are somewhat similar with Z1R having more bass.. but also very different. with @ddmt getting his VX, he also have Z1R and VX, and I think they are very good compliment of each other. Give that a try if you can find a Z1R demo somewhere...
I do have a Z1r and I'm almost pulling the trigger on the VX. Would like to see more comparison between them before decide.

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #838 of 2,715
What about FAudio Major? I think it can compliment VX too. But I think it's sound signature is closer to LX.

Major is more S shaped with elevated subbass and treble rolloff, but it is very neutral. My major(kek) complain on the major is that its very 1 trick and the resolution is somewhat lacking.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #839 of 2,715
Does anyone have an opportunity to listen to the 4SS?

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #840 of 2,715
I heard the Anole VX for the first time today and while I admit it generally sounds really good, no question, I found it has this one „issue“ for me (personally) that I also found in some other BA driver earphones (FA 7 or Andromeda, for example): The missing BA driver subbass extension is being compensated by raising the lower mids. Because of that to me it just doesn’t sound as clear and airy in the mids as comparable DD or Hybrid-phones (or BA phones without midbass bloat). Of course Anole (similar as Andromeda) has this super high treble extension but because this the slightly congested mids feel a bit out of place to me. Well, maybe that really is just me or my taste...but I really felt that way listening to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back