QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #752 of 2,715
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #753 of 2,715
No head-fi is a place mostly to flex and rant
ws.gif

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #754 of 2,715
LOL I do have to say that there were many more people here in the community who did make me feel welcome and didn't denigrate my choice of gear. Thanks, y'all.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #755 of 2,715
I wonder that why there is no impressions on the QDC 4SS?

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #756 of 2,715
I'm so glad I registered for Head-Fi. I'd heard that it was an intelligent forum where audio was discussed and they have a vetting period to keep (most) of the kids out. So what happens with my very first post? Some person who appointed themself keeper of the anti v3 jumps on it and slams my choice from the jump. I know I'm new here, but this ain't the Head-Fi I was told about. Its like I bought a Dodge and some idiot Chevy lover tells me its a 'bad idea'. No hello or anything. But that's not bad enough, he spends the next two days spouting off about how bad the Dodge choice is. Almost makes you want to knock hell out of them.
Well, don't let one or two individual posts to discourage you. I have met many friendly, knowledgeable and experienced members over the years and I really enjoy this community and this hobby. The only thing is I have to constantly remind myself that there is no perfect headphones out there. Appreciate and enjoy what we already have.

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #757 of 2,715
1) The Anole V3 is singularly one of the best fitting IEMs I’ve ever tried.

2) Sounds fine from an IPod, plus blocks outside noise..... becoming a great outside IEM.

3) Nothing I know of has the look and feel of the Anole V3.

4) The Anole V3 has a unique laid-back sound....perfect for some listeners and perfect for some genres.

5) Even within the medium soundstage there is a natural placement of instruments and exciting placement of elements.

All these things you list are consistent across all the qdc models, my original point was why V3 was the worst IEM in the qdc lineup, so fit and look is irrelevant, since more of their iem w/e 1-5 drivers are the same size, and you can pick w/e shell color i want. the V3 shell design is not exclusive to V3, I can have my VX to look like a V3 if I want people on the streets of china to laugh at how terrible of a choice I have made in.

but I’m pretty sure every qdc made has only a medium soundstage, it’s simply not what qdc does?
go try the flagships.

My point to you is that it would help you to view other people’s purchases with a more open mind.
The thread got plenty of people asking about VX, and I answer more than enough questions about it, since I'm one of the 1st person to own the IEM and had it for a while, I'm have always shared my views on it good and bad. But I always tell people to demo it 1st, be it at a store or at canjam. my original post was about why V3 isn't a good value with in the qdc lineup, and you agree with with most of it. Every conversation we have had after that is either, you accusing me of hating on V shaped IEMs, where I give 3 valid alternatives in my post that's also V shaped; or you liking the V3 because of its look/fit/build, which is consistent across the entire qdc lineup. So if you want to defend your purchase, then you could have simple told me that you wanted a V shaped qdc.

What you fail to recognize is others in this world are going to be guided by a different value system. There is not right or wrong in this hobby......and especially when members are happy.
yes, some people are guided by a terrible impulse to spend, and we are here to encourage it. No one would buy a car without test driving it, and no one should buy a piece of audio equipment without demoing it 1st. Now this might be hard for most people in the states and Europe but there are still ways.

I'm so glad I registered for Head-Fi. I'd heard that it was an intelligent forum where audio was discussed and they have a vetting period to keep (most) of the kids out. So what happens with my very first post? Some person who tried the entire qdc lineup multiple times slams my blind and impulse decision from the jump. I know I'm new here, but this ain't the Head-Fi I was told about. Its like I bought a Dodge Dart because I cannot afford a Dodge Demon, and some idiot Dodge Demon owner tells me, 'hey, I know you love Dodge, but the Dart is not really a good idea, it's know to have transmission problems. No hello or anything. But that's not bad enough, he spends the next two days spouting off about how bad the Dodge Dart choice is. Almost makes you want to knock hell out of them.

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #758 of 2,715
Your uninformed smug attitude is what is uncalled for. Did you stop to think that there may be a reason for not being able to audition the V3S? Of course not. Amazon lets one try a product and return it if you don't like it, so that's an audition I guess? You've made up your mind about a person who dared take offense at your condescension and amateur psychoanalysis. If someone can't afford a Dodge Demon you should insult them, right? You do NOT know everything, I know that's a blow to you, but true. I am unable to venture to China (or to the local stereo store) for a number of reasons, which are none of your business, but suffice it to say that yes, I do take offense at your hateful and hostile attempts to insult. You no longer exist to me and as far as I'm concerned you will not in future. Go bait somebody else 'cause its not going to work on me any more.

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #760 of 2,715

so qdc only market the studio lineup as studio monitors, so you won't find it in any audio stores in china. Only the really big ones carries the entire qdc lineup, most stores just have the SL and SH and the current flagship and any of the new releases like the Fusion. I'm not sure about Singapore, but this is the case in China.

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #761 of 2,715
Its almost 50 hours burning in (time flies when you're having fun), so I think I'll actually do some audio instead of reading anti-social social media. <Cheers>

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #762 of 2,715

Toranku had some comment in his thread

4ss sounds a bit like the 334 to me but with more lower treble as well as betetr extended treble. Sharper attack/definition and doesn't have that "haze" 334 has with its midrange. One of my favrourite reference tunings out there. Only thing holding it back is that it can get slightly congested at times.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #763 of 2,715
Your uninformed smug attitude is what is uncalled for. Did you stop to think that there may be a reason for not being able to audition the V3S? Of course not. Amazon lets one try a product and return it if you don't like it, so that's an audition I guess? You've made up your mind about a person who dared take offense at your condescension and amateur psychoanalysis. If someone can't afford a Dodge Demon you should insult them, right? You do NOT know everything, I know that's a blow to you, but true. I am unable to venture to China (or to the local stereo store) for a number of reasons, which are none of your business, but suffice it to say that yes, I do take offense at your hateful and hostile attempts to insult. You no longer exist to me and as far as I'm concerned you will not in future. Go bait somebody else 'cause its not going to work on me any more.

I would rather hear negative criticism over a group of circlejerks. Rush have made valid points without overstepping. His criticism are valid, I do used to own a VX and tried out many of the top offering from QDC. Sure, if you enjoy your V3 that much... so be it.... don’t have to overreact like a spoilt child. From what I’m seeing, the many lot of you are acting like a bunch of spoilt child. I don’t think it’s to his advantage to shytpost about your purchase decision.

No one can blame you for bad purchase decisions but only yourself...

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #765 of 2,715
I would rather hear negative criticism over a group of circlejerks. Rush have made valid points without overstepping. His criticism are valid, I do used to own a VX and tried out many of the top offering from QDC. Sure, if you enjoy your V3 that much... so be it.... don’t have to overreact like a spoilt child. From what I’m seeing, the many lot of you are acting like a bunch of spoilt child. I don’t think it’s to his advantage to shytpost about your purchase decision.

No one can blame you for bad purchase decisions but only yourself...

Well.....if his posts actually warn folks to try and give the V3 a pre-purchase listen, he truly is doing the community a service. Not everyone will value the V3. I am vary happy with my purchase, but listened to them first to know what I was getting into.

They are not a $500 IEM......completely......sound-wise? Though I like it better than the some $200-$400 IEMs? If you read my review I do a lot of comparisons to the BGVP DM6......a $199 IEM, still the V3 has none of the bright grainy treble that the DM6 has? Still the day I purchased I listened to much of the qdc line as well as the iBasso IT04 and CA Atlas? The V3 could use some upper end sparkle but with all the criticism the last couple days..............:xf_eek: all I’ve listened to is the V3; trying to decide if the judgments against it are correct? Afterwords I have to think, my positive ideas about it still stand true?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back