QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #1,081 of 2,715
Thanks for the reviews. I disagree a bit on the daps, but great to hear other’s thoughts. I compared N8 to LPGT to AK1000 and my order would be:
N8>LPGT >AK
I felt the N8 had a slightly better bass, was smoother at the top with the same detail. I did really like the LPGT as well though. And these were with the Anole VX and Noble Encore. Tks.

Right, when I ranked them at the bottom, are only in terms of resolution, not my preference in sound signature. And if I have to buy one of the daps, I would get the KANN cube, you be suprise by how good the resolution is while being slightly dark.

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #1,082 of 2,715
Just checked these meme cables, there's a Silver Plated OFC one listed at 1700 Trump units.....

What the hell? Well I guess you gotta be a particular sheep, not just any regular sheep but an "Omni" one to be qualified to buy such goodness.

I think it really comes down to how much is 2k really... People do buy these cables and wagnus are really nice, compare to Effect Audio's kilobucks cables.

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #1,083 of 2,715
So this happened:

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 7.20.42 AM.png

:O

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #1,085 of 2,715
Did you try ant's VX with your n6ii? I didn't like it so much when I demo that setup at ee.

I tried Ant's VX with my N6ii and with his SR15. I liked both but I prefer the lower end on the N6ii. The N6ii has a nice mid-bass/lower mid boost which I like and which suits my music taste. The big question is if I can live without DD, and that helps.

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #1,086 of 2,715
I tried Ant's VX with my N6ii and with his SR15. I liked both but I prefer the lower end on the N6ii. The N6ii has a nice mid-bass/lower mid boost which I like and which suits my music taste. The big question is if I can live without DD, and that helps.

I assume you ordered off musicteck, not sure what their return policy is. But VX with n6ii just have too much BA bass for me to handle, it just sound so artifically muddy on bass heavy tracks. But you tried it and liked it initially, so I guess we'll hear ur impression after having VX for a while.

Your CFA faith is being tested once again, it survived the Z1R, and now the chifi challenger is coming!!! Dont fail Kenneth Ball now.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #1,087 of 2,715
I assume you ordered off musicteck, not sure what their return policy is. But VX with n6ii just have too much BA bass for me to handle, it just sound so artifically muddy on bass heavy tracks. But you tried it and liked it initially, so I guess we'll hear ur impression after having VX for a while.

I got the N6ii from Musicteck, but I got the VX from an ebay seller named myheadfi. The VX has the best BA bass I've ever heard...better than U12t. It will be good to spend some time with it. I should be able to demo the Kann Cube once I have VX to get some perspective.

Your CFA faith is being tested once again, it survived the Z1R, and now the chifi challenger is coming!!! Dont fail Kenneth Ball now.

Lol...yes time will tell.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #1,088 of 2,715
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my QDC 8Hifi's that are reshell eligible officially (for about $250). qdc can also do reshells to universals, they don't care particularly about what the new owner chooses to do.

Can also recommend a Chinese based dealer for the reshell if you'd like to go that route.

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #1,089 of 2,715
@Rockwell75 I cant see myself carrying that brick of a dap, if it wasnt for the size I would sell my 1A for a Kann kube. I recommend trying it with a tip with a wider bore and a neutral dap. The resolution is more noticeable when its closer to neutral.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #1,090 of 2,715
@Rockwell75 I cant see myself carrying that brick of a dap, if it wasnt for the size I would sell my 1A for a Kann kube. I recommend trying it with a tip with a wider bore and a neutral dap. The resolution is more noticeable when its closer to neutral.

Spiral Dots are my tip of choice. Maybe Cayin will come out with a more neutral card for the n6ii.

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #1,092 of 2,715
Revisiting the AK KANN cube

I really cant get over how good the VX sounds with the Kube, its even more neutral than My 1A with just a tiny bit of treble rolloff...

Resolution is Amazing, I think the darkish nature of Kube is making it seems less detailed than it is, but with a bit more time to compare, I can say its on part with LPGT and N8. Bass is more lay back compare to N8 but with more subbass than the mid bass n8 offers. Staging is also excellent, it somehow made my 1A sounds claustrophobic. I think Kube would be my next dap, if I ever decides to upgrade...

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #1,093 of 2,715
Revisiting the AK KANN cube

I really cant get over how good the VX sounds with the Kube, its even more neutral than My 1A with just a tiny bit of treble rolloff...

Resolution is Amazing, I think the darkish nature of Kube is making it seems less detailed than it is, but with a bit more time to compare, I can say its on part with LPGT and N8. Bass is more lay back compare to N8 but with more subbass than the mid bass n8 offers. Staging is also excellent, it somehow made my 1A sounds claustrophobic. I think Kube would be my next dap, if I ever decides to upgrade...
I think that would be a downgrade from the N8, but with better portability.

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #1,094 of 2,715
I think that would be a downgrade from the N8, but with better portability.

Better portability? The N8 is heavy but it is comparatively compact-- it isn't much bigger than the N6ii. The Kann Cube is a gigantic beast-- the only DAP less portable is the DMP-Z1.

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #1,095 of 2,715
coming from Solaris, I'm now using QDC Anole VX pair with iBasso DX229, the only obvious different between these 2 IEM is the sound (vocal and instrument) from Solaris is more forward. I feel ear fatigue after long listening with Solaris. It could be the signature of AMP 9 from iBasso.

Still not yet try the Amp1 MK II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back