QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #2,026 of 2,715
I tried neptune and anole v3 last year, I like v3 a lot more than neptune. Didn't went and order it, now they released one that's between, qdc Mona Lisa. It's based on 2se, I wonder how it sound.

How do 2se sound?

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #2,027 of 2,715
Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe it’s just me but I quite like the sound with only the treble switch on, even though I understand the stock treble energy is already too much for some people. The VX made me realize maybe I’m not that into bass after all haha.

Although bass performance is what I notice first on a new listen, its the trebles that can captivate me. Really important for me for the upper range to be really clean, and when it is, lots of smiling.

My only complaint about the VX is aesthetic: I’m just okay with the silver flakes speckled inside the shell.

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #2,031 of 2,715
My Anole VX has taken on a 2nd life! Very unexpectedly, I plugged the Anole VX into my Eddie Current Studio Jr ($3000 tube amp running 300b tubes) via a Holo Spring DAC, and the sound is phenomenal. In a general comparison, it's just as enjoyable and technically good as my Hifiman HE1000se minus the soundstage. But even then, IEM soundstage is just a different experience than over-ears, more binaural effect than enveloping sound. Prior to this, had only run my Anole VX off portable equipment, and was already satisfied with how it sounded via a Hiby R6 Pro and a Lotoo PAW S1. I'm not traveling as much with COVID, so my portable equipment including the Anole has not been getting much use. But now I've found a new role for them, and it appease my desire for a full-sized closed-back headphone! For a moment I was even thinking of just selling off the Anole given its lack of use.

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #2,032 of 2,715
My Anole VX has taken on a 2nd life! Very unexpectedly, I plugged the Anole VX into my Eddie Current Studio Jr ($3000 tube amp running 300b tubes) via a Holo Spring DAC, and the sound is phenomenal. In a general comparison, it's just as enjoyable and technically good as my Hifiman HE1000se minus the soundstage. But even then, IEM soundstage is just a different experience than over-ears, more binaural effect than enveloping sound. Prior to this, had only run my Anole VX off portable equipment, and was already satisfied with how it sounded via a Hiby R6 Pro and a Lotoo PAW S1. I'm not traveling as much with COVID, so my portable equipment including the Anole has not been getting much use. But now I've found a new role for them, and it appease my desire for a full-sized closed-back headphone! For a moment I was even thinking of just selling off the Anole given its lack of use.
Good to know it can scale like that. Tks.

Mar 10, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #2,033 of 2,715
I just turned the bass switch on for the first time, and yeah the bass had more body and weight and rumble–definitely more than the U12t. But the bass did bleed into the mids and everything sounded less resolving and slightly more congested as a result, kinda reminded me of my Legend X. I wish the bass switch would elevate the bass to a more agreeable amount like on the U12t.

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe it’s just me but I quite like the sound with only the treble switch on, even though I understand the stock treble energy is already too much for some people. The VX made me realize maybe I’m not that into bass after all haha.

That is an interesting comment coming from a Legend X owner :)

I am intrigued by the LX as I love bass. But I dislike Bass only with spoiled mids/recessed treble. Do you still think the LX is still enjoyable? If they where priced a little more in a sane way I‘d take the chance and just purchase it. But looking at the graph I think I might dislike the LX because of the lower mids bump.

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #2,034 of 2,715
That is an interesting comment coming from a Legend X owner :)

I am intrigued by the LX as I love bass. But I dislike Bass only with spoiled mids/recessed treble. Do you still think the LX is still enjoyable? If they where priced a little more in a sane way I‘d take the chance and just purchase it. But looking at the graph I think I might dislike the LX because of the lower mids bump.
The LX actually has pretty good overall midrange tonality in my opinion–yeah it's a little thick in the transition from upper bass to lower mids, but I don't mind it cause it complements with my other IEMs. However, I do agree with you that the treble is a little recessed for this kind of very v-shaped tuning, a little more air above 10k would have made the LX the perfect bass-head endgame IMO!

Have you tried the Z1R? I think that might fit your preference a little more based on your description. I never bothered with it cause I'm certain the fit is horrible for me. :triportsad:

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2,035 of 2,715
The LX actually has pretty good overall midrange tonality in my opinion–yeah it's a little thick in the transition from upper bass to lower mids, but I don't mind it cause it complements with my other IEMs. However, I do agree with you that the treble is a little recessed for this kind of very v-shaped tuning, a little more air above 10k would have made the LX the perfect bass-head endgame IMO!

Have you tried the Z1R? I think that might fit your preference a little more based on your description. I never bothered with it cause I'm certain the fit is horrible for me. :triportsad:

Thanks for your answer!

Regarding the Z1R. Yes, I tried it and the fit was horrible :) Fortunately, I was able to return them. I also wasn‘t impressed by the Z1Rs mids, to be honest.

I can‘t try the LX in my area (even without Corona...) so I took the plunch and ordered them. I listen to all kinds of music and as I said, I love Bass. I also love mids&treble (and detail, resolution, soundstage ...) but I think I already have the perfect IEMs for all kinds of music apart from Electronic. So I think and hope that the LX will complement and finish my collection for now.

But to add one word to the topic: I absolutely adore my Anole-VXs!!

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #2,036 of 2,715
Thanks for your answer!

Regarding the Z1R. Yes, I tried it and the fit was horrible :) Fortunately, I was able to return them. I also wasn‘t impressed by the Z1Rs mids, to be honest.

I can‘t try the LX in my area (even without Corona...) so I took the plunch and ordered them. I listen to all kinds of music and as I said, I love Bass. I also love mids&treble (and detail, resolution, soundstage ...) but I think I already have the perfect IEMs for all kinds of music apart from Electronic. So I think and hope that the LX will complement and finish my collection for now.

But to add one word to the topic: I absolutely adore my Anole-VXs!!
You are in for a treat... The LX is the most technically competent IEM I've heard and goes toe-to-toe with the U12t. It isn't a 'quick listen' IEM and does require some seasoning time so bare that in mind. In return you get a remarkably neutral IEM with a thunderous and deep reaching bass (More guttural than the Z1R and deeper reaching... Although I'd say the Z1R's is slightly more textured whereas LX goes for a type of bass that you can feel in your chest) and really quite good Mids, only surpassed so far by the VE8 for me. It does require a cable upgrade though IMO, silver works wonders, I feel that the stock Ares II limits its treble potential and makes the bass less refined. It's also quite sensitive to which source you are using it with. It didn't play too well with my Kann Cube when I had it, coming across too warm for my tastes. This made it quite a niche listen. The SE200 transformed it... literally seemed like a different IEM and much more versatile generally. I recommend a neutral / brighter source.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,037 of 2,715
You are in for a treat... The LX is the most technically competent IEM I've heard and goes toe-to-toe with the U12t. It isn't a 'quick listen' IEM and does require some seasoning time so bare that in mind. In return you get a remarkably neutral IEM with a thunderous and deep reaching bass (More guttural than the Z1R and deeper reaching... Although I'd say the Z1R's is slightly more textured whereas LX goes for a type of bass that you can feel in your chest) and really quite good Mids, only surpassed so far by the VE8 for me. It does require a cable upgrade though IMO, silver works wonders, I feel that the stock Ares II limits its treble potential and makes the bass less refined. It's also quite sensitive to which source you are using it with. It didn't play too well with my Kann Cube when I had it, coming across too warm for my tastes. This made it quite a niche listen. The SE200 transformed it... literally seemed like a different IEM and much more versatile generally. I recommend a neutral / brighter source.
Thanks for you reply.

Listening to the Legend X as I write after receiving them earlier today. I must admit, in the first minutes I was a little overwhelmed by the Bass. But now I had enough brain burn-in and they sound fantastic! I am also so happy that they are comfortable (had previously problems here with the Z1R as well as the MEST).

I find the overall tonality very nice, of course the Bass lures most of my attention to itself now but the Mids/Treble are absolutely fine to my ears. The Bass... whoa. This is it! *happy* :ksc75smile:

I am using them with my SE-200, currently on the ESS side. Do you have a link to a dealer who sells the fine cable for the LX? Thx!

Btw. Why can‘t I “like“ posts anymore on head-fi? I don’t see the button nor the likes at any posts from me or others. I see people still can like my posts in the notifications but I am unable to. Using iPadOS/Safari as always...

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #2,038 of 2,715
Thanks for you reply.

Listening to the Legend X as I write after receiving them earlier today. I must admit, in the first minutes I was a little overwhelmed by the Bass. But now I had enough brain burn-in and they sound fantastic! I am also so happy that they are comfortable (had previously problems here with the Z1R as well as the MEST).

I find the overall tonality very nice, of course the Bass lures most of my attention to itself now but the Mids/Treble are absolutely fine to my ears. The Bass... whoa. This is it! *happy* :ksc75smile:

I am using them with my SE-200, currently on the ESS side. Do you have a link to a dealer who sells the fine cable for the LX? Thx!

Btw. Why can‘t I “like“ posts anymore on head-fi? I don’t see the button nor the likes at any posts from me or others. I see people still can like my posts in the notifications but I am unable to. Using iPadOS/Safari as always...
Probably best to move this to the Empire Ears thread but yeah, they definitely become a lot more balanced and more refined once the 4 W9 DD's have had a couple hundred hours of burn in. I also noticed it with Hero. I am also using it with the SE200, I prefer the AKM side a lot more with the LX though, the best cable I've tried with this combination is the Labkable Samurai III. I'm not sure if they sell them anymore though butt I managed to snag one up on the classifieds. I also use the Plussound X8 Silver+Gold which is also a good pairing. The Plussound tri-copper is also nice to my ears but lacked the absolute clarity of the aforementioned cables but added some very nice timbre to drums. If you are after more 3-dimensional mids the Samurai III is the way to go so I would try to get a hold of one of them, it seems to raise the mids up a little more and makes the LX sound more balanced whereas the Silver+Gold accentuates the ends of the spectrum (sub-bass and treble) while being slightly less natural sounding and resolute... It really depends on what you're looking for.

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #2,039 of 2,715
QDC V14 coming out https://www.sohu.com/a/456515615_114760
772358ef6f12447c9989a16aaeee9b93.jpeg

e9ee00cd234145d1ab93e8227d41cb33.jpeg

b7fe5be029cd4a64afe4bf824372ca11.jpeg

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #2,040 of 2,715

QDC Anole V14 Latest Flagship 10BA+4EST IEM Available Now!!​

QDC has announced their latest flagship from their highly acclaimed “Anole” series of IEMs, the Anole V14.
It comes as an upgrade to the well-renowned Anole VX, with better 3D fluorescent face panels and 14 driver hybrid configuration on each side. The pair is equipped with 10 high-performance balanced armature units paired with 4 EST drivers on both sides.

It has an exquisite beautiful design with 3D fluorescent face panels that shows a change in color from black to green after absorbing light. It also features four tuning switches that provide 16 different sound tuning options to the users. The QDC Anole V14 has a price tag of 2999$

HiFi 14 driver hybrid configuration on both sides.

Ten High-performance BA units.

Four powerful EST drivers.

QDC’s patented Multitube Multi-Frequency divider technology.

3D Fluorescent face panels.

Four different tuning switches(On each earpiece).

High-quality 12-core copper-silver hybrid wire with interchangeable termination plug.
2.5mm Bal, 4.4mm Bal, and 3.5mm SE termination plugs included.

Impedance: 12-20Ω.
Frequency Range: 10Hz-50kHz.
Sensitivity: 105-108dB/mW.
Noise-reduction: 26dB.

The QDC Anole V14 has a price tag of 2999$

4797631A-D386-4D73-BFB4-5BC18A5339B4.jpeg
D8C71643-31B7-4F8A-B8FC-FD77C9E4EC5A.jpeg
3209B1DA-B15F-44DC-8A71-AEA8C012B932.jpeg
0B713D1A-72E7-4239-94B0-A4272FA2C76E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back