QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #1,756 of 2,734
Yeah I was going to order another one of those, should I also get one of the single-flange tips? Is there anything special about those? The CP500/800 look really slim/long
I am not a fan of double flange tips. To me they are uncomfortable. If you are like me, in reviewing my Luna, the best tip I have found is the Azla SednaEarfitLight short and also the earfitlight standard. Very comfortable and they come in a MS and ML size in addition to L and S which might help you get a better fit. I am sure they will also fit the QDC’s. They are available on amazon and can be returned. I was told they also won an award ( it might have been in Japan ). These were superior to all of the latest spinfits tested, and many others as well. As I am sure you know, proper fitting ear tips is a very personal thing, but these should be tried. Tks.

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #1,757 of 2,734
I am not a fan of double flange tips. To me they are uncomfortable. If you are like me, in reviewing my Luna, the best tip I have found is the Azla SednaEarfitLight short and also the earfitlight standard. Very comfortable and they come in a MS and ML size in addition to L and S which might help you get a better fit. I am sure they will also fit the QDC’s. They are available on amazon and can be returned. I was told they also won an award ( it might have been in Japan ). These were superior to all of the latest spinfits tested, and many others as well. As I am sure you know, proper fitting ear tips is a very personal thing, but these should be tried. Tks.

These look really interesting. I'm still looking at the options they have but I'll probably get a pair of short-lights and lights :). They have so many options it's a little confusing.

Apr 13, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #1,758 of 2,734
These look really interesting. I'm still looking at the options they have but I'll probably get a pair of short-lights and lights :). They have so many options it's a little confusing.
Yes, they do. Their top tips are the ear fit lights. And they only come in short and standard. Stay with those and it is much less confusing. Those are the tips that won the awards. As the shorts were recommended by others to me, I started with those and ordered the MS, ML and L sizes. I then liked the ML best, but also kept the L as they also fit. I returned the MS. Tks.

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #1,759 of 2,734
231F5A52-442D-45E0-9E27-1FB06FEB3B2F.jpeg

Sony NW-WM1Z Digital Audio Player Japanese Tourist Edition Firmware Jupiter301-T1
qdc Anole V3 IEM #817993 (stock setting/Sony Hybrid Tips) Han Sound Audio Zen 4 wire OCC litz copper cable terminated Furutech Rhodium plated CF - 7445 R 4.4mm

Though not the technically most advanced in my collection, nor the best; there are musicality benefits and fit qualities I keep coming back for?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #1,760 of 2,734
Hello, new head-fi'er here! I've had my qdc Gemini since 2017 and even after the release of the VX, I think the Gemini still competes with other TOTL IEMs (Solaris, U12t, IER-Z1R, etc). I'm too in love with the design of my pair to even get the VX. I heard they were both very similar in tonality with slightly better resolution and more bass on the VX. I think I'll stick with my Gemini until qdc introduce their own estat or 12 BA IEMs with insane resolution.

Regarding the images I've attached, I went for a green wood design on a universal pair and have changed the stock cable after it stopped working after 11 months. The cable you are seeing is the Linsoul Tripowin Zonie cable which surprisingly feels high quality being a 16 core cable and sturdy at only $18. So much better than the skinny stock qdc cable although no difference in sound from what I can remember.

Attachments

• 20191125_135836.jpg
    20191125_135836.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191125_140736.jpg
    20191125_140736.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191121_162013.jpg
    20191121_162013.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #1,761 of 2,734
Hello, new head-fi'er here! I've had my qdc Gemini since 2017 and even after the release of the VX, I think the Gemini still competes with other TOTL IEMs (Solaris, U12t, IER-Z1R, etc). I'm too in love with the design of my pair to even get the VX. I heard they were both very similar in tonality with slightly better resolution and more bass on the VX. I think I'll stick with my Gemini until qdc introduce their own estat or 12 BA IEMs with insane resolution.

Regarding the images I've attached, I went for a green wood design on a universal pair and have changed the stock cable after it stopped working after 11 months. The cable you are seeing is the Linsoul Tripowin Zonie cable which surprisingly feels high quality being a 16 core cable and sturdy at only $18. So much better than the skinny stock qdc cable although no difference in sound from what I can remember.

Im of the opinion that there isnt really a reason to upgrade from gemini to VX. some people do prefer one over the other due to sound signature and what not.

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #1,762 of 2,734
Right now I'm looking into buying RIYO foam tips for my qdc's. 6 pairs for $7 on Amazon. The universal nozzle is the same size as the Campfire Andromeda. The comply foam tips are too expensive to buy a 2nd pair and they also rip easily. Anyone have recommedations on good bang for the buck foam tips before I go ahead and buy to RIYO's? I think every qdc universal has the same size nozzle if I'm not mistaken.

Apr 22, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #1,763 of 2,734
Right now I'm looking into buying RIYO foam tips for my qdc's. 6 pairs for $7 on Amazon. The universal nozzle is the same size as the Campfire Andromeda. The comply foam tips are too expensive to buy a 2nd pair and they also rip easily. Anyone have recommedations on good bang for the buck foam tips before I go ahead and buy to RIYO's? I think every qdc universal has the same size nozzle if I'm not mistaken.
The best tips I have found are the Azla SednaEarFitLightShort (or standard if you cannot use the short). I use these on my Luna’s and will also use on any other universal IEM once I get another set. I realize the Luna is not QDC, but I have compared them to many many other tips including lots of foam tips including hybrids, and the Luna is extremely tip sensitive. I would recommend getting a pair off of amazon and trying them out. You can always return them as amazon will allow them to be returned. They are expensive, but should last well over a year if not much more as they are silicone. Tks.

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #1,764 of 2,734

Beauties.

May 16, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,767 of 2,734
I have grown very accustomed to the VX so much that I won't touch my other gear. any recommendations for cable rolling? I think I'm ready to throw bigger bucks into cables, anybody has any experience with satin audio?

May 18, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #1,769 of 2,734
Got the Anole VX and am fascinated. Prefer them over the LCD-i4, not because they sound better (they don't), but they're pretty close in terms of performance and the bass is to die for, something the LCD-i4 lacks (I mean quantity/impact here). Love this body for my Metal and DubStep sessions, in terms of fit, it's the best fit and isolation I have ever had from a IEM. Another point where the LCD-i4 lacks due to semi-open nature.

I have a question: any cable that you would recommend that would really make the difference for the (great) stock cable? My source is a FiiO M15.

The Effect Audio Leonidas sounds terrible here, is it due to inverted polarity? I've tried some connectors the seller has sent me, but the Leonidas doesn't fit there :S

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #1,770 of 2,734
@OverlordRush recommended the Luminox Day for Night cable to me a few months back and I’m very happy with it. He did a handy cable comparison earlier on in the thread I believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back