QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #1,651 of 2,722
The question has been asked before: is there (almost) nobody who has heard the 4SS?
Chrinacle and Toranku seem to rate it very highly and it looks quite close to the Andromeda in terms of frequency response.
They sure look interesting! who can give more information?

It's the best non-flagship qdc, the problem is that it's a studio monitor. If that's what you want, good. But almost nobody like anything that neutral.

The graph looks close to the popular Andromeda, that would make it look like a cheaper option to such a tuning. That is what I don‘t get here...
Toranku:
Toranku was just wondering if you could compare the qdc 4ss to the Andromeda?
Can't AB them next to each other. But going off my memory: Andro takes on an overall brighter tonal balance with less impactful bass so it can seem "softer". 4ss is warmer. Both are equally as well extended at the top end with perhaps Andro having a slight edge. I do think that 4ss has better vocals and a more likable tone overall. Technicalities wise, andro edges it out as well, but both are in the comfortable realm of "good enough" technicalities. Andro sounds more open so I think people would enjoy the way it does imaging/positional cues better

or, again from Toranku the comparsion with the FitEar TG334, supposedly the best IEM for vocals:

4SS does feel a little like 334 but with more treble (and extension) and overall better resolution, speed and imaging.”

33DD22FE-38A0-460B-8AC0-8092435E7418.jpeg

Or Crinacle compared to Sony M7:
Torn between the EVR, M7 and QDC 4ss and Anole V3. Looking for something that has good soundstage, imaging, clarity, decent bass, with good vocals and air. Which one will suit me better?
4SS suits those criteria the best I think.

3708B0D6-9DC8-4817-8544-003F50C30131.jpeg

Is it possible that it’s the limited availability that makes it less popular?
Or the price level, which is getting close to TOTL IEMs?

Feb 26, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #1,652 of 2,722
Can't AB them next to each other. But going off my memory:
Here is the problem with auditory memory, they are almost always inaccurate. So here is my 'review' that should mean nothing to you: I personally go my the sacle of, very bad>bad>ok>good. And 4ss is OK. For refrence, M9 is OK, M7 is bad and Andro is Bad :p
Is it possible that it’s the limited availability that makes it less popular?
Or the price level, which is getting close to TOTL IEMs?

Yes, the SS lineup is the least popular due to the fact that qdc only market their studio monitor as a studio monitor.

Maybe? Depends on where you are iem prices vary a good amount. For comaprison, 4ss cost around $600usd in china which is no where near TOTL pricing. And you will prob pay around $800usd to get 4ss, which is quite pricey.

Feb 26, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #1,653 of 2,722
Feb 26, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #1,654 of 2,722
for some reason i liked the VX alot more than 8SS,

loved the Fusion as much as VX if not more since it's much cheaper too

And I like my MH755 infinitely more than my VX, since VX costed me almost $2000 and I got 755 for free. So no matter how good VX is since 755 cost $0 and you can never divide by zero. So my 755 is always infinitely better than anything thats not free. What im saying is, until qdc give me a free VX, I cant really say how good it is.

Dont that this joke too seriously.

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1,655 of 2,722
And I like my MH755 infinitely more than my VX, since VX costed me almost $2000 and I got 755 for free. So no matter how good VX is since 755 cost $0 and you can never divide by zero. So my 755 is always infinitely better than anything thats not free. What im saying is, until qdc give me a free VX, I cant really say how good it is.

Dont that this joke too seriously.

Rephrase:

Did not expect how the Fusion performed for its price

but I like VX just as much as Fusion

Feb 27, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #1,656 of 2,722
I hear a lot about VX and not much about the 8SL or Gemini, which are pretty much similar. What could be the reason why the other 2 are not preferred as much as the VX?

Feb 28, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #1,658 of 2,722
These look like qdc to MMCX. I was asking about QDC to normal 2 pin. Tks.

There is a option you can pick thats w/e the plug converter you want. you do still need to know a bit of chinese... or you know... google translate XD

Mar 3, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #1,659 of 2,722
Just received my QDC 4SS.
This is the first BA IEM I own and I am getting used to its signature and character now.

Mar 3, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #1,661 of 2,722
Mar 9, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #1,663 of 2,722
@OverlordRush
Keep in mind that my references are all DD IEMs and memories of a couple of hours at e-earphones last year in April.
Based on that I can say that I needed toget used to the 4SS, but I really like it now, so much so that I prefer it over all my other IEMs with certain tracks, "Nitro Heist" being the latest. Energetic, extremely precise, with much better soundstage than EX1k or T8iE, better layering and separation, more detail.
I am still taking notes and compiling impressions, so give me a couple more days to get a comprehensive opinion.

Mar 10, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #1,664 of 2,722
Anyone know if there are significant differences between the QDC VX-S and VX-C in sound quality? I know the VX-C is supposed to be the custom version but was wondering if there are any differences in tuning.

I tried the VX-S in Shanghai and prefer them over my A12T but I'd rather save some money and get the universal version even though I'm not a huge fan of their design.

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #1,665 of 2,722
Anyone know if there are significant differences between the QDC VX-S and VX-C in sound quality? I know the VX-C is supposed to be the custom version but was wondering if there are any differences in tuning.

I tried the VX-S in Shanghai and prefer them over my A12T but I'd rather save some money and get the universal version even though I'm not a huge fan of their design.
I made my choice last year using the universal version against a number of top IEM’s. I then purchased the custom version based on the sound improving overall and the bass in particular. And that is exactly what happened. My emotional feeling was one of being more connected to the music and just greater enjoyment. On an objective level, the bass had a bit more impact which made the overall sound of the IEM that much better. I liked it much better than all of the 64 Audio line as an example. At this year’s Canjam, it was again superior, in my opinion of course, than the Mason V3+, the Mest, the Final A8000, etc. I did really like the Luna however, but in a quick comparison I still preferred the QDC, but I would like to listen more to the Luna in the future.
One other thing, QDC does a great job on the build of a custom. I went for a wood faceplate. They might have more custom choices vs the online tool if you ask. I posted a picture of mine below. Please let us know what you choose and your impressions of them. Good listening. Tks.
A433BE9F-D570-43AF-96CC-0400DC676E6D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back