Q-Jays Review
Dec 26, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #62 of 81
Anyone know where q-jays can be bought in the US? Everywhere I've looked has been sold out for at least a couple weeks
frown.gif
I've looked through all the official sellers on Jays website and all the places google came up with, no cigar

Edit: forgot to say, I'm looking for the black ones. I've found the white ones a few places (but these are also out of stock most places)

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #64 of 81
I've owned my pair of white Q-Jays (wish that store I bought them from had black ones - would fit my portable setup better, tho they do fit mu ultra-portable setup better
biggrin.gif
) for more than 2 months and ever since I tried them I immediately knew I had found the perfect IEMs for me, fit and soundwise.

Anyway, after a while, when I noticed how filters were going bad too darn fast (I do listen to them a lot, and while I do have clean ears, the first few times that the filters went bad were because I wore them too soon after coming off the shower), I stopped using them. It has been a month since I've been using the Q-Jays w/o any filters and everything is fine. I do clean them religiously every week or whenever I notice ear wax. I figured, if these ever blow up, with all the money I'll save from buying the darn filters, maybe I'll just be able to afford a new pair
wink.gif
Besides, I hated how the filters would suddenly become "jammed" in the middle of a listening session.

A second thing I did, comes from something mentionned in the manual that made me chuckle a bit. Jays advise against pulling the cord to remove the Q-Jays from your ears but I don't have a choice since those get really deep within my ear canals - so deep that almost nothing sticks out for me to pull on. However, after about a month, I noticed that the right earpiece's cable was getting uncovered a bit at the base. So what I did is simply put a small amount of krazy glue all around the cable, where they connect with the earpieces, on BOTH earpieces to make them "stronger" when pulling them out. So far so good, we'll see how long this will last. And unless you look really closely, you can't see the glue at all.

Thirdly, something I noticed with the Q-Jays' fit that I never noticed with all the other IEMs I tried (and as you can see from my signature, I tried a lot) : bigger tips don't mean better seal. In fact, I tried them with the medium tips first, and strangely couldn't get a good seal. So I thought, well, let's use the large ones... Still no go. I was saddened, but before I gave up, I decided to try one of the small pairs (XS I think) and voila, perfect seal. Now, I tried to use the smaller tips with all my other IEMs and could never get a seal. Go figure!

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #70 of 81
hi all, I have owned q-jays for 2 years and absolutely love them. I have also owned full size cans such as gs1000 and now HE-500 and it never ceases to amaze me how these larger cans cannot match the q-jays for speed of bass and overall tightness of sound. where the q-jays cannot match full size cans, however, is for soundstage and openess.

my question is, does anyone know of an iem that has all the excellent qualities of the q-jays but that also has a more open soundstage?

Thanks

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #71 of 81
my question is, does anyone know of an iem that has all the excellent qualities of the q-jays but that also has a more open soundstage?

UE Triple.fi 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back