q-JAYS Review (with pictures and video) (final production version)
Sep 1, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, its September! Keenly waiting. I hope these d-JAYS come out in the next week or so hopefully?

I have some concern about the white cord however: does it easily get marked/discoloured? Like when I used to take my iBuds to the gym, the white cord used to pick up some sweat/grit and become a little discoloured. The coating could be scratched off, but its not something I'd like to do to the d-JAYS cord.

Nah...there is still 22 mins Eastern Standard Time.
eggosmile.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait a sec, those white and metallic blue d-JAYS were the s-JAYS prototype ?

anyways, still havent answered my questions towards these headphones,

1) how are they compared to similar priced IEM´s, directly the UE super.fi 5 pro and the futuresonics atrio M5

2)will jays play the 1:1 game that most electronics manufacturers play, meaning that a $180 means a 180 euro price tag, which makes them 30% more expencive in the EU, or will they put a balanced price, making them cost around 135-140 euros,

excuse me if i seem a bit rude, but its probobly the 3rd time i make the same question, and i have yet to get a straight answer to both of them,

Sorry for taknig so long to respond.

I haven't really spent enough time to really get a good grasp on the M5s, so I can't comment on that. The Super.fis on the other hand I find have overpronounced treble and bass, which is a good thing for rock, but doesn't share the same neutral frequency distribution as the q-JAYS.

Price-wise, I'm pretty sure that JAYS doesn't do the 1:1 pricing arrangement. You'd have to ask a JAYS representative that question.

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, its September! Keenly waiting. I hope these d-JAYS come out in the next week or so hopefully?

I have some concern about the white cord however: does it easily get marked/discoloured? Like when I used to take my iBuds to the gym, the white cord used to pick up some sweat/grit and become a little discoloured. The coating could be scratched off, but its not something I'd like to do to the d-JAYS cord.

I've taken white cords around a bit and I haven't noticed any colour changes or marks. It's a kelvar covered cable which will resist a good part of the damages as kevlar stays fairly clean.

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #34 of 52
Just for some clarification, apparantly the coloured d-JAYS aren't supposed to be shown yet. Thus, I've cut them out of the video and will put another one up. Even if it was very low quality video, I won't take the chance. Check back some time in the future for some pictures of it.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #38 of 52
absolutly unfair, US price is 179 dollars, which is 131 euros, and EU price is 183 euros ? 249 dollars ?

unless you can point out some EU tax to make them almost 40% more expencive, i think im going to strech a bit and go for a pair of triple.fi

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

absolutly unfair, US price is 179 dollars, which is 131 euros, and EU price is 183 euros ? 249 dollars ?

unless you can point out some EU tax to make them almost 40% more expencive, i think im going to strech a bit and go for a pair of triple.fi

Yeah I'm in the Netherlands, it's kind of strange that I can order the d-jays in the U.S. from Audiocubes and including shipping they are much cheaper than ordering directly from Jays website which is inside EU.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

yep i think this pricing also is fatal and will reduce sales,should do anyway,i am not paying that price id rather stretch like you and get what is inevitably going to be much better

Sep 4, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #43 of 52
im sorry, this is totaly unfair, were getting a 40% surcharge from a european company, if it was an american company or a chinese company, i would understand, but this is a company which is based and operates inside the EU, and its creating a 40% increase in price for european costumers, the price of someone living in europe is incremented in 50 euros compared to someone living in the US, its cheaper, i dont get it,

taxes on electronics in europe range between 12 and 21%, here in spain its 16%, so can someone please explain to me a 40% differance in price ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back