q-JAYS Review (with pictures and video) (final production version)
Aug 28, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #16 of 52
I auditioned these recently for a brief time. I found them to be warm, it may be a hair too warm for me, but I think these are good headphones. I'm not sure I like the tips though, as I'm not sure what the arsenal is and where you can get them in a pinch. If I needed foamies, like now, can I run to a store and buy some.

They are so tiny that I'm afraid to break something.

I wish it had more impact though (it has the armature bass impact if you've ever bass boosted an armature driver you'll know what I mean), and I too would love a direct comparison with the M5.

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #17 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I auditioned these recently for a brief time. I found them to be warm, it may be a hair too warm for me, but I think these are good headphones. I'm not sure I like the tips though, as I'm not sure what the arsenal is and where you can get them in a pinch. If I needed foamies, like now, can I run to a store and buy some.

They are so tiny that I'm afraid to break something.

I wish it had more impact though (it has the armature bass impact if you've ever bass boosted an armature driver you'll know what I mean), and I too would love a direct comparison with the M5.

The tips are no problem at all, the nozzle fits an airtube (from aquarium) cut a small piece of, then buy a pair of foamplugs and drill holes insert tubes, mount it on the q-JAYS, and you are set...

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #19 of 52
wait a sec, those white and metallic blue d-JAYS were the s-JAYS prototype ?

anyways, still havent answered my questions towards these headphones,

1) how are they compared to similar priced IEM´s, directly the UE super.fi 5 pro and the futuresonics atrio M5

2)will jays play the 1:1 game that most electronics manufacturers play, meaning that a $180 means a 180 euro price tag, which makes them 30% more expencive in the EU, or will they put a balanced price, making them cost around 135-140 euros,

excuse me if i seem a bit rude, but its probobly the 3rd time i make the same question, and i have yet to get a straight answer to both of them,

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #20 of 52
In this or next week I will try to find some time to listen to the s-JAYS and I will of course drop a line or two in here..

I have not heard any of the other IEMs you mentioned, so with this I can not help you..

last one is more up to Peter to know and reply on..

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #21 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only saw a picture of the "shuffle line" d-JAYS and they looked absolutely beautifull....Really some kind of fashion statement.

Can you post the pic?....please?
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #23 of 52
i must admit those d-jays did put a sting in the q-jays presentation,the q-jays look ok but theres a sense of fragility about them,im all up for those d-jays now they looked super cool in that improved electric blue colour

Aug 28, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #24 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i must admit those d-jays did put a sting in the q-jays presentation,the q-jays look ok but theres a sense of fragility about them,im all up for those d-jays now they looked super cool in that improved electric blue colour

You schould see the other colours..... personally I like the pink one the most..
cool.gif

OHH I am such a tease...
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

The q-JAYS seems quite sturdy to me, not fragile at all..

Aug 29, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't think we were supposed to... Let me contact Jens/Peter and get their confirmation. I have a metallic orange pair... that sound bassier ( and thus a lot better) than the standard d-jays.

Any word from JAYS yet kramer? I'd love to see those new colours and it is surely only a few days now till the September launch??

kramer, Claus, and others who have seen the new d-JAYS colours: would you say the new metallic colours look nicer than the older plain black/plain white? Would you say that you prefer the coloured ones over the plain ones?

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #28 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The coloured one every day all day long, would be my choice and it does not even matter which colour..

Judged by looks that is, I have not heard the new d-JAYS..

Soundwise they are exactly the same. And the colors do look even better in real than on the pictures you've got Claus
smily_headphones1.gif
They are not far away now.. Hang in there.

Aug 30, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #29 of 52
Sorry... I can't post pics of my metallic orange pair... IMHO they look much better than the plain-jane black / white versions. They look HOT, like getting passed up by one of these...
wink.gif

2007_nissan_350z_solar_orange_25.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #30 of 52
Well, its September! Keenly waiting. I hope these d-JAYS come out in the next week or so hopefully?

I have some concern about the white cord however: does it easily get marked/discoloured? Like when I used to take my iBuds to the gym, the white cord used to pick up some sweat/grit and become a little discoloured. The coating could be scratched off, but its not something I'd like to do to the d-JAYS cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back