Pyle PTA3 75 watt Amp
May 18, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:

I would say 1% THD is the maximum acceptable distortion level in modern amplifiers. But a good amplifier should have no more than 0.05% of THD at its rated power.

X2

Xpyrate....The Pyle is a ...well, um..."pile" you might say. I'd look at something better built for home use.

Peete.

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 6
I bought the Pyle PTA 2. I think it's a decent place to start things off. It's probably better to start off with lower end equipment so you can learn your way to the top. My first car was a 1986 Galant in the mid 2000's. It was terrible, but got me to where I needed to be and I learned about how to take care of a car, and how they work. Yes, its more pricier, but you will understand how different audio devices work. I am using the amp to listen to my Grado SR 80i's and everything sounds exactly how I need it to sound for my level of understanding. The problem I ran into when I hooked up my Gemini PT-2000 III turntables was that the amp had no phono input, so I ordered  a TEC - TC-753 LC phono pre amp. Eventually I will get to the higher end stuff, but for now, its just a learning experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back