PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread
Sep 18, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #511 of 734
  The chunkier part I understand, as for the cost, they could make them an upsale or something. I wouldn't mind a wireless edition either, there is already the Sennheiser MM 100, so it should be possible.

I have heard quite a few much more expensive headphones than the PX100-2, but I end up preferring the immersive sound of the PX100-2. Are there any other headphones with similar sound profile?

To my ears, the Koss Porta Pro has a very similar sound.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #515 of 734
I had a bit of a disaster yesterday. Whilst vacuuming I managed to catch the gear phone cable! The headphones still work, surprisingly, but the outer sheath has been torn away for a good 3" of its length. Not happy.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #516 of 734
Not to grave dig, but the PX 100 II are awesome. I just got them a few weeks ago and once you get past the comfort issue (I wear glasses) they're fantastic. Being a somewhat poor college student I wish I knew about these awhile ago because they're a great pair of travel headphones.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #517 of 734
  Not to grave dig, but the PX 100 II are awesome. I just got them a few weeks ago and once you get past the comfort issue (I wear glasses) they're fantastic. Being a somewhat poor college student I wish I knew about these awhile ago because they're a great pair of travel headphones.

How do they affect you wearing glasses? I wear glasses a lot too but I prefer my PX's over anything else in that situation. You don't want to try the HD 650.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #518 of 734
Good question, they press down on where the upper ear meets the temple of the glasses. At first this hurt quite a bit after a few minutes, so I positioned the drivers a little off center and it relieved the pressure

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #519 of 734

Its nice to find perfection early.It will save you huge amounts of cash.Ive compared these phones to lots of other more expensive ones-these win hands down.All you need now is a good reasonable dap
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #521 of 734
I've had my PX100-IIi for over 3 years now. They have been in daily use and in that time the headphone cable and plug have held up great. I am ready to buy another if/when the cable or plug fail, though.

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #522 of 734
I rather stupidly managed to catch my cable when vacuuming. Idiot! It's stripped the outer sheathing away over a length of about 6' but they still work fine. It looks horrible though so I will be replacing them with a new pair ASAP.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #524 of 734
Is there a mod to make these more comfortable ? the clamp is kinda irritating.

Bend the headband?

Edit: maybe not a good idea (might break)

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #525 of 734
That's odd since even for on-ears I find the PX100/200 series to be one of the lesser clamping ones. If you can't get along with the amount of clamp for these I think it's likely that on-ears are just not for you, I can't think of any other decent mini on-ears that would be less clamping. Not much way around it since bending the headband would be way too risky with plastic involved/cables being routed through the headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back