PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Sep 25, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #1,096 of 1,617
Oct 4, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #1,098 of 1,617
Any good PWA cable recommendations for an VE V8?

Oct 4, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #1,099 of 1,617
Any good PWA cable recommendations for an VE V8?
depends on your budget and besides I think all kinds or cable fit to ve8 but its just base on what your sound preference is

Oct 4, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,100 of 1,617
depends on your budget and besides I think all kinds or cable fit to ve8 but its just base on what your sound preference is
My budget is decent sized. I have all of the Satin cables and PWA 50s, Moniel, both sizes of Loki, #10 and #5 and some others. Please tell me what you have experienced cable rolling the VE V8.

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #1,101 of 1,617
for me personally, I do like the pw 1950s 4 over 1960s 4, the 60s makes the soundstage of ve8 wider, however, 50s bring more clarity and better resolution to the music. however, for what I had experienced the 1950 and 60s are still full OCC Copper cables, ve8 will somehow lose some resolution and clarity. I recommend the Metropolis ft 50 which is a gold and silver alloy cable that brings more clarity, Different from other versions, the sound is lighter and sweeter than ft.50. The most striking is the bright and beautiful loud expression, The light does not grab the ears, but brings out a touch of sweet texture. The space is obviously wide and deep, bass with full speed sense brings out the sweet feeling more effectively.

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #1,102 of 1,617
for me personally, I do like the pw 1950s 4 over 1960s 4, the 60s makes the soundstage of ve8 wider, however, 50s bring more clarity and better resolution to the music. however, for what I had experienced the 1950 and 60s are still full OCC Copper cables, ve8 will somehow lose some resolution and clarity. I recommend the Metropolis ft 50 which is a gold and silver alloy cable that brings more clarity, Different from other versions, the sound is lighter and sweeter than ft.50. The most striking is the bright and beautiful loud expression, The light does not grab the ears, but brings out a touch of sweet texture. The space is obviously wide and deep, bass with full speed sense brings out the sweet feeling more effectively.
Seems the Metropolis is sold out at MT....

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #1,103 of 1,617
I do have one on sale in my list ... since I'm moving on to other cables...

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,104 of 1,617
Oct 4, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #1,105 of 1,617
List? There's a list?
Oh what I mean is I had mine like new metropolis ft50 posted here in headfi a few days ago pm me if any of you are interested.

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #1,107 of 1,617
Oh what I mean is I had mine like new metropolis ft50 posted here in headfi a few days ago pm me if any of you are interested.

The thing is I have the 1% gold/silver alloy Blackicon, and I'm wondering how much of a difference there will be, well, not HOW much, but WHAT the diffrence is... Did you ever try the Blackicon?

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #1,108 of 1,617
..and that's how you prep a sale, lol.
well just kinda talk about my experience on metropolis, even though i am selling it lmao. but still, it is a really good cable, i pare it with my ee odin, just base is just wonderfully well controlled

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #1,109 of 1,617
The thing is I have the 1% gold/silver alloy Blackicon, and I'm wondering how much of a difference there will be, well, not HOW much, but WHAT the diffrence is... Did you ever try the Blackicon?
I did try out the blackicon before, I think it just is a lot of a difference since metropolis is a shielding cable which the background is definitely darker compare to backicon silver gold, and the metropolis brings not only smoothness to the music but also the bass is given more flexibility and well-controlled, I tried it both on my odin and ve7, the bass is deeper compared to other cables and also you can see there is a large price gap between these two cables, the material use must be somehow different.

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #1,110 of 1,617
I did try out the blackicon before, I think it just is a lot of a difference since metropolis is a shielding cable which the background is definitely darker compare to backicon silver gold, and the metropolis brings not only smoothness to the music but also the bass is given more flexibility and well-controlled, I tried it both on my odin and ve7, the bass is deeper compared to other cables and also you can see there is a large price gap between these two cables, the material use must be somehow different.
Well, It's also an 8 wire. I also have the Monile50s, I would love to hear the Metro and Monile side by side...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back