PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Sep 22, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #1,081 of 1,617
So far so good with Titans Moloch! I was a bit worried about the 4 wire 22awg construction but was pleasantly surprised by how soft and supple the cable is. It is softer than my No.5. The navy blue PVC jacket looks awesome and has a very matte, high-end, high-quality feel. I tried the cable first with the S8’s and almost immediately recognized that I prefer the No.5 with these IEM’s. Based on what I heard with the S8’s, I knew that the LX’s would love this cable and I wasn’t wrong. Really nice pairing Moloch + LX.

F6DC7860-4B05-4E90-A241-BD0C7FD83729.jpegF334029C-9D14-422C-BC44-18F625BA5A41.jpegF74AB00A-CD84-4BC8-8461-7242032F5170.jpeg
Where did you purchase the cable?

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,082 of 1,617
Does anyone have a good PW Audio cable choice for VE Erlkönig? Current setup are AK sp2000ss and Toxic sw22 v2 8-wire, and I find the highs too bright and harsh, I really want a non-fatiguing listening experience with a bit of warmth and smoothness added to the vocals. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #1,083 of 1,617
Very nice! So what aspect of Moloch was less suitable for S8 and better suited for LX, for you? Thanks!
Please take these comments with a grain of salt as I make no claims to be any sort of “reviewer” and like nearly everything else in our hobby, I believe cables and their impact on one’s experience is almost entirely subjective….

That being said, my immediate first impression after swapping out the No.5 with the Moloch on the S8’s included an increase in air, detail, and “stage width”, along with a tightening of bass transients and perhaps a slight shortening of decay in the lowest octaves. The S8, for me, already has a really tight, impactful bass response, with short clean decay. This is actually one of my favorite aspects of the S8. These were my first set of multi-BA IEM’s and this aspect of their character impressed me from the first day. With the Moloch, I guess one could say that it’s almost too much of a good thing.

This first/immediate impression is what led me to move on to try pairing with the LX next. I love the LX as well, my one main gripe with it has been the same as I’ve read from many other headfier’s- sometimes, on some tracks, the bass can be slightly too much, slightly too much bloom. The Moloch seems to nip this up near perfectly - brings exactly the right amount of “tightening up” to the bass on LX, for me. For reference, when I first got my 1960s 2wire, I first tried it with the LX and quickly ended up moving the cable to my U12T (where it has remained) for basically the exact same reason but in reverse. The 1960s 2wire seemed to accentuate the bloom in the LX’s bass, which was opposite to my preferences but was perfect for pairing with the U12T. Before getting the 1960s 2wire, I ran my U12T with the M20 modules, but since pairing with 1960s I feel that I’ve been able to switch to the M15’s without losing that bit of presence in the bass. Call me crazy.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #1,084 of 1,617
Please take these comments with a grain of salt as I make no claims to be any sort of “reviewer” and like nearly everything else in our hobby, I believe cables and their impact on one’s experience is almost entirely subjective….

That being said, my immediate first impression after swapping out the No.5 with the Moloch on the S8’s included an increase in air, detail, and “stage width”, along with a tightening of bass transients and perhaps a slight shortening of decay in the lowest octaves. The S8, for me, already has a really tight, impactful bass response, with short clean decay. This is actually one of my favorite aspects of the S8. These were my first set of multi-BA IEM’s and this aspect of their character impressed me from the first day. With the Moloch, I guess one could say that it’s almost too much of a good thing.

This first/immediate impression is what led me to move on to try pairing with the LX next. I love the LX as well, my one main gripe with it has been the same as I’ve read from many other headfier’s- sometimes, on some tracks, the bass can be slightly too much, slightly too much bloom. The Moloch seems to nip this up near perfectly - brings exactly the right amount of “tightening up” to the bass on LX, for me. For reference, when I first got my 1960s 2wire, I first tried it with the LX and quickly ended up moving the cable to my U12T (where it has remained) for basically the exact same reason but in reverse. The 1960s 2wire seemed to accentuate the bloom in the LX’s bass, which was opposite to my preferences but was perfect for pairing with the U12T. Before getting the 1960s 2wire, I ran my U12T with the M20 modules, but since pairing with 1960s I feel that I’ve been able to switch to the M15’s without losing that bit of presence in the bass. Call me crazy.
Thanks! Very insightful comment! Nice that you brought up 1960's cable to further indicate the general trend.

It almost sounds like Moloch has SPC/Silver composition type character even though they list it as OCC copper. Maybe the 22AWG has something to do with it. Curious if it will warm up after more hours.

Good info, keep us posted! Thanks!

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #1,085 of 1,617
Does anyone have a good PW Audio cable choice for VE Erlkönig? Current setup are AK sp2000ss and Toxic sw22 v2 8-wire, and I find the highs too bright and harsh, I really want a non-fatiguing listening experience with a bit of warmth and smoothness added to the vocals. Thanks in advance!

Have your ever tried 1950 ?
It has all the qualities of the 1960, but technically it goes further.
The stage width is the same, but the depth is above.
It is more balanced and more neutral.
The 1960 is « colored » in comparison.
You get more micro details, the transparency, separation is top notch.
Bass are clean and tight, and treble region is very well done, it brings a lot of clarity, but never become harsh or bright.
Vocals are clean btw, it may be the the only default for you.
With this cable I found a better synergy with WM1A/Z.
Depends of what type of music you listen to…
With my SP1000 I like to associate the Code 51 with.
Cheers

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #1,086 of 1,617
Have your ever tried 1950 ?
It has all the qualities of the 1960, but technically it goes further.
The stage width is the same, but the depth is above.
It is more balanced and more neutral.
The 1960 is « colored » in comparison.
You get more micro details, the transparency, separation is top notch.
Bass are clean and tight, and treble region is very well done, it brings a lot of clarity, but never become harsh or bright.
Vocals are clean btw, it may be the the only default for you.
With this cable I found a better synergy with WM1A/Z.
Depends of what type of music you listen to…
With my SP1000 I like to associate the Code 51 with.
Cheers
I’m v tempted to get a 1950s. Saw the one with Shielding and may be able to get a decent price for it. I hope 1950s does not reduce bass quantity as I love bass and do not like the quality and/or quantity of the bass to be reduced.

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #1,087 of 1,617
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #1,088 of 1,617
I’m v tempted to get a 1950s. Saw the one with Shielding and may be able to get a decent price for it. I hope 1950s does not reduce bass quantity as I love bass and do not like the quality and/or quantity of the bass to be reduced.

1960s 2-wire is also a great pick , i am using it it with my lean/transparent NT6 and it is a fantastic combo , it keeps NT6's top clarity and i get some extra bass oomph

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #1,089 of 1,617
Well, middle bass are really good but sub bass may miss a little.
1980 is the bassiest, but they are not clean…
Maybe 1960 is a good choice then.
The 1950 is technical, 1960 may be more fun.

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #1,090 of 1,617
Thank you for all your suggestions. I have to be honest but I didn’t quite appreciate 1960s 4 wire that much with my IEMs. 1960s 2 wire is amazing, but I’m keen to pair 1950s with the Erlk :wink:

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #1,091 of 1,617
Thank you for all your suggestions. I have to be honest but I didn’t quite appreciate 1960s 4 wire that much with my IEMs. 1960s 2 wire is amazing, but I’m keen to pair 1950s with the Erlk :wink:
I was very dissapointed in the 1960, Loved the 1950 much better. Bought the Monile 50s over the 1960

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #1,092 of 1,617
I don’t have Erlky or a 1950s anymore but I do remember those two pairing up extremely well when I had them :)

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #1,093 of 1,617
@pigon000, may I please ask what are your thoughts regarding this cable? Thank you
First of all, I want you to know that I am not good at English.
When I heard the 1950s cable, I thought it was more focused on the high.
Some people described the 1950s cable as technical. I think it's because of the bright and bright high notes unique to the 1950s cable.
And The shielding version has a more quiet background and a wider sound stage.

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #1,094 of 1,617
you can try out the metropolis ft 50 btw its really good, im pairing with my Odin, which it is just amazing to hear

Sep 25, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #1,095 of 1,617
AKRHPW.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back