PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Apr 21, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #781 of 1,613
I know that burn-in and break-in are contested issues, but solid state electronics operates differently (better) when properly warmed up. Data sheets for devices like chips and transistors show plots of temp vs distortion, etc, so even the engineers that work for the companies that make the poarts know this for fact.

So, in order to avoid what nay-sayers call 'brain burn-in" I always try to run the gear for an hour or at least 30 minutes, then do a quick listen, make the change- do a quick listen, then let it play for 30 minutes or so more, then listen again, so it is not me adjusting to a new sound.

The important thing is to not lossen the connectors and sockets by changing out connections 'too often'. Origninally mmcx and 2-pin were incorporated into iem designs, so if a cable 'broke' it was user-replacable, rather than having to send the iems to the 'hospital' for surgery....

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #782 of 1,613
I have just bought a 2.5mm to 4.4mm PW audio adapter in order to test my 2.5mm cables with the 4.4mm to 2.5mm AK block (using the ground connection of the 3.5mm connection - I know, I know... its a bit of a mess but I had the block on hand and I wanted to see if incorporating the ground had any benefit). So I did a test with just the 2.5mm into the SE200 and then with the 2 adapters using the ground of the 3.5mm output and to my surprise I heard a slight improvement. I need to do some more tests as it isn't night and day but to my ears, using Odin, the sound definitely had a more tangible quality to it and sounded more three-dimensional.
which part of your cable and iems benefits from the additional grounding poles?

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #783 of 1,613
I was literally just thinking this last night. The 2.5mm cable wouldn’t have the capacity to benefit from a grounding pole would it? I’m not sure how it works, can the casing be used as a grounding element? If not the changes I’m hearing must be to down to the cable differences in the adapter vs the Odin’s cable.

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #784 of 1,613
TN.png

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #785 of 1,613

The GND pole can act as a reference point for mass - where interference current will flow into this point.
1. Does your cable has a shield.
2. Does the shield connected to the pole?
3. Does it is corrected with the technical specification of the device.

For desktop device, you will mess up if connect the GND of massing system to SE(SINGLE END GND pole).
User is messing up because they don't know, and the manufacture doesn't know or actively don't know too.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #786 of 1,613
Apr 22, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #789 of 1,613
That looks like the Orpheus right? How is it?
Indeed.
Stunning.
Awesome build quality, better soundstage, better layering, more details, more bass and some nice smoothness compare to the stock cable which was already really good.
It's also very comfortable and I have a better hold and seal of the CIEM than with the stock cable.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #790 of 1,613
Indeed.
Stunning.
Awesome build quality, better soundstage, better layering, more details, more bass and some nice smoothness compare to the stock cable which was already really good.
It's also very comfortable and I have a better hold and seal of the CIEM than with the stock cable.

I am guessing you are located in Asia? How’s tbe microphonics compared to 1960s 4 wire? If this Mason Fabled Sound doesn’t work out for me I am considering trying to get one to see if I can take the Traillii even further.

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #795 of 1,613
I have been breaking in some single DD IEMs and their PW #5 4 wire cables. It seems that the #5 four wires sound better with DD IEMs and the #10 four wires sound better with the multiple BA IEMs. Is this true for you? Should I assign my 1950 four wire Monile to my UM 3DT or to my Monarch?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back