PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Feb 29, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #301 of 1,617
While it's a premium cable, I think you will find it rather easy to sell and get most of your money back.

Zzzzz buying reselling better not just buy then but what can I do.

I will give it few days see how it goes.

Mine is more expensive version!
Its a 1.5m long not 1.2! That retails 2500 usd.

I could do for 1700$ as a good discount. Thats 200$ less the the 1.2m !

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #303 of 1,617
Vitaly , judging by your posts in your mind the cable is already gone and you know it

some buys just strike out , no biggie it's the nature of this hobby

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #304 of 1,617
Vitaly , judging by your posts in your mind the cable is already gone and you know it

some buys just strike out , no biggie it's the nature of this hobby

I will give it few days but I dont feel like burn in will make any huge difference, this is not a dap or headphones. Thanks for the support

Mar 1, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #305 of 1,617
we all have lost money here while selling stuff , we all have won money here while buying used stuff

It's the Law of Wins and Losses.

Enjoy the music , life is too short to keep stuff we don't like.

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #306 of 1,617
I have the athena 4 wires with MMCX connections.
The issue i have is that the metal part of the MMCX plug easily unscrews from the goldplated MMCX plug. Am i supposed to loctite the MMCX connector together?

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #307 of 1,617
if anyone here is thinking of selling his 1960s 2w (in 2-pin and 4.4 mm termination) please shoot me a pm maybe we can work something out

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #309 of 1,617
Hey guys I just got my pw1960 4 wires cable.

Well at first I liked it a lot but I feel like I am still more in love with my gold plated silver plussound cable. Am I strange?

I feel like the treble on pw1960 is a little to peaky and and not ass smooth and refined as on the gold plated silver one.
+ bass has very different presentations on pw1960 its fast rumbly and quick decay. On plussound its thigh black background and longer decay also nicely boomy.

I dont know are pw1960 cables need a certain time of burn in ??? I was told they where already burned in at the factory for 800hours.

Hmmm any suggestions why I am not so satisfied? But I did like it at the canjam dont understand...

If I wont get along with it in few days it will be for sale !
My experience is the opposite of yours vs the EA Horus which is also a gold plated silver cable.

the 1960s smoothed out the treble on the Z1R driven by the K mod 1Z which had really high resolution. Was not able to use the Horus for long sessions on the player. The characteristics of both cables is very distinct. The 1960 is resolute but at the same time very musical. It made me tap my feet when using it and it’s so smooth that I could listen for long sessions without fatigue. I’ve never heard that the cable was ran in during production. Prob give it about 50hrs and see whether it improves.

Well, this is unfortunate on the 1960 4W. I had it briefly, but now have the 2W and the 1950 instead. It is not a warm cable to my ears and if I did a blind test, I would probably call it a silver cable nine times out of 10. The 1950 is even leaner, but a little less sparkly to my ears. Treble on the 4W is quite prominent and it sounds like you might actually prefer the 2W. Sorry, I have been through this many times and like Proedros says, you win some and lose some. I have lots a TON on cables, but I think you know this. Didn't I sell you that Z1R? :)

As for the comparison to Horus, it's important to remember that gold-plated silver can sound wildly different from one manufacturer to another. The Horus is one of the brightest cables I have ever heard. I paired it with my Legend X and it was fantastic. Anything else, it made it sound thin and way too sparkly to my ears (and I love me some treble). It does not surprise me that the GPS from PlusSound provides a different sound.

Happy hunting - you'll find something you love :) I'm sure. Perhaps one of the new Monile offerings? I think they are supposed to be quite smooth.

-Collin-

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #310 of 1,617
Well, this is unfortunate on the 1960 4W. I had it briefly, but now have the 2W and the 1950 instead. It is not a warm cable to my ears and if I did a blind test, I would probably call it a silver cable nine times out of 10. The 1950 is even leaner, but a little less sparkly to my ears. Treble on the 4W is quite prominent and it sounds like you might actually prefer the 2W. Sorry, I have been through this many times and like Proedros says, you win some and lose some. I have lots a TON on cables, but I think you know this. Didn't I sell you that Z1R? :)

As for the comparison to Horus, it's important to remember that gold-plated silver can sound wildly different from one manufacturer to another. The Horus is one of the brightest cables I have ever heard. I paired it with my Legend X and it was fantastic. Anything else, it made it sound thin and way too sparkly to my ears (and I love me some treble). It does not surprise me that the GPS from PlusSound provides a different sound.

Happy hunting - you'll find something you love :) I'm sure. Perhaps one of the new Monile offerings? I think they are supposed to be quite smooth.

-Collin-

Same experience I had w the 1960s 4 wire. Expands the frequency range on both ends, so if you want smoother treble it is not it. The 1950s excels in that department.

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #311 of 1,617
Hi folks thanks for helping out with your experience.

Here is my story, seesax those ier-z1r are long time gone and forgotten already LoL. Mmyeaa what a good and bad iem lets say....

When I was at canjam I auditioned a pair of pw1960 4 wires and felt so so in love with it like madness was happening loved! It!

So I was not making a blind purchase!!! Not at this price guys come on my cable new retails at 2550$ I had a 25% discount and no tax THANKS TO musicteck!

Ok when I got my real my own cable I was expecting to hear the exact same sound as in canjam buuutt no!
And I got sad and disappointed how come!?
Turns out my cable had no burn in it was super fresh vergin!

After 200hours, life completely changed! I now love my cable and in total satisfaction!
The bass has improved and opened it self just as I was expecting it! Treble got smoother. Overall the cable is now very plesant and offer a very good impact and resolution.

I may like the 2 wires who know...

I did hear the 1950 and disliked it immediately thinner sounding and bass treble was very different.

To me pw1960 4wires offer extream fidelity with warmth and stellar bass good mid forward sound and sparkly treble.

I pair this with wm1z and tia trio.
I think this is my end game at 95%

When I was at canjam from everything I heard pw1960 4 wires was the only thing that was marked on my mind.

This is why I got so frustrated in the beginning but its totally a different story now!

-Collin-
Same experience I had w the 1960s 4 wire. Expands the frequency range on both ends, so if you want smoother treble it is not it. The 1950s excels in that department.

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #313 of 1,617
What pw1960 does with sound is just mindblowing. Resolution is on a totally new level.
If you really have everything aligned properly means totl dap and iem. My god wait to be so impressed and wiped off the floor with this setup.

Pw1960 even convinced me to do a k mod on my 1z. I think thats my next step....

I had previously owned copper cables and they are harch in treble and unbalanced...
Pw1960 is just like an alien of all cables mega advanced.

I even auditioned code 51 vs pw1960 and preferred pw1960 by a big margin!

Strange to say but code 51 sounded not far away from my plussound gold plated silver cable. Strange right?

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #314 of 1,617
The real question is what is going to get @Vitaly2017 to 100% end game instead of 95%?!?! :)

I think I'm currently at 98.7%, but that requires 10 IEMs and 12 cables. I should get there by fiscal year 2024 and a few $100,000s later.

-Collin-

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #315 of 1,617
The real question is what is going to get @Vitaly2017 to 100% end game instead of 95%?!?! :)

I think I'm currently at 98.7%, but that requires 10 IEMs and 12 cables. I should get there by fiscal year 2024 and a few $100,000s later.

-Collin-

Damn man you dived deep there brother hahahaha

I am ot at those sumes yet and hopefully will find the holy grail before that...

But at what I have right now is insanely good and is to my flavor at its bests.

Kmod and maybe tia fourte noire to try and see that one hmmm.

If it is as it is then just left to do that k mod and call me a happy camper for a while haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back