PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Feb 18, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #271 of 1,613
Try anything that has gold.
My plussound gold plated silver has those parameters )
Agreed on the Plussound Exo GPS (I think you have that one), but we’re talking $600 though, so not quite entry level. But I was impressed with this cable.

Feb 18, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #272 of 1,613
Agreed on the Plussound Exo GPS (I think you have that one), but we’re talking $600 though, so not quite entry level. But I was impressed with this cable.

The gold cable suites exactly that need he asked. I know its a little pricier but damn worth the penny!

I will probably buy pw 1960 4 wires.

And keep this 2 cables as my all time best cables. And I have 2 for different type of tuning both are stunning I believe.

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #273 of 1,613
The gold cable suites exactly that need he asked. I know its a little pricier but damn worth the penny!

I will probably buy pw 1960 4 wires.

And keep this 2 cables as my all time best cables. And I have 2 for different type of tuning both are stunning I believe.
Yes the Exo GPS is a quality cable. I found it smooth and warm but also quite detailed. Plus it looked lovely.

I am starting to save up for a TOTL PW cable. I am not sure whether to go 1950 or 1960. You said the Trio paired well with the 1960, and others have said the Legend X pairs well with the 1950. I need to try both cables I think before spending that amount of cash.

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #274 of 1,613
Yes the Exo GPS is a quality cable. I found it smooth and warm but also quite detailed. Plus it looked lovely.

I am starting to save up for a TOTL PW cable. I am not sure whether to go 1950 or 1960. You said the Trio paired well with the 1960, and others have said the Legend X pairs well with the 1950. I need to try both cables I think before spending that amount of cash.

Lx and trio are different I heard them both and me personally trio is on a completely different level. Ok I know Lx fans will throw rotten tomatoes at me right now lol.

Lx has way to much bass slam and its not as nuanced and refined as trio.
Lx has a charming treble sparkle like a wetty and very pleasant.
Trio treble is sparkly more shimmery with a little metalic zing but juuust little to make fun and groove.

To me trio is a big step up over Lx.
Even 2 years ago when I purchased my custom EE phantom I discarded the Lx due to insane amount of bass slam.

Now why 1950 with lx? Because its a less thickness in sound and more resolving sound that Lx needs.

Trio like 1960 cause it just makes magic with trios bass.
I sware you hear 1960 with trio and 1z your doomed

Feb 19, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #275 of 1,613
Thanks to all who have responded. Indeed, Plussound is different league in terms of pricing. Not ready, at least, at the moment.

Seems, discussion came to three options - No.5, Ares II and Dunu Hulk. I personally tend to Ares II because of its price/performance, usability also worth mentioning - compared to the products of PW and EA, Hulk may be on heavier and bulkier side.

The pairing would be Sony M9 + N6ii/E01

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #276 of 1,613
Lx and trio are different I heard them both and me personally trio is on a completely different level. Ok I know Lx fans will throw rotten tomatoes at me right now lol.

Lx has way to much bass slam and its not as nuanced and refined as trio.
Lx has a charming treble sparkle like a wetty and very pleasant.
Trio treble is sparkly more shimmery with a little metalic zing but juuust little to make fun and groove.

To me trio is a big step up over Lx.
Even 2 years ago when I purchased my custom EE phantom I discarded the Lx due to insane amount of bass slam.

Now why 1950 with lx? Because its a less thickness in sound and more resolving sound that Lx needs.

Trio like 1960 cause it just makes magic with trios bass.
I sware you hear 1960 with trio and 1z your doomed
Agreed. The 1950 for LX & 1960 for Trio.

Thanks to all who have responded. Indeed, Plussound is different league in terms of pricing. Not ready, at least, at the moment.

Seems, discussion came to three options - No.5, Ares II and Dunu Hulk. I personally tend to Ares II because of its price/performance, usability also worth mentioning - compared to the products of PW and EA, Hulk may be on heavier and bulkier side.

I have user experience with all 3 cables. The Ares II will be my last choice out of the 3 cables as it will become stiff over time. If you want versatility with the jack & don't mind the heavier feeling, the Hulk is an excellent choice. Otherwise, the No.5 is my top choice.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #277 of 1,613

I cannot comment on the Ares II or Dunu Hulk, but for what it's worth I also have the N6ii (A01) and use the No.5 with it. I find the pairing to be on the warm and smooth side but also with some detail. It is non-fatiguing and so I can comfortably listen for hours.

Feb 19, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #278 of 1,613
I heard both variants quite some time ago and, from what I can remember, you'll get more technical performance out of the 4-wire version (i.e. resolution, stage expansion, imaging precision, etc.). It also has noticeably more top-end presence, so its highs are crisper, brighter and more forward-sounding. By comparison, the 2-wire version will be a touch warmer, fuller and more organic. Because of this, I opted for the 2-wire version for my EE Zeus, as I thought the 4-wire made it a tad too bright.

would 1960s 2w be an obvious sonic upgrade over Lionheart 4w ?

how does zeus pair with 1960s 2w in your experience ?

Feb 19, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #279 of 1,613
would 1960s 2w be an obvious sonic upgrade over Lionheart 4w ?

how does zeus pair with 1960s 2w in your experience ?

I covered them in a post from a while back, along with MST Technologies' AK70 mod. You should be able to find them on Nic's thread, hopefully. I haven't heard the Zeus since I sold them a couple years ago, so I can't comment any further than that, unfortunately.

Feb 19, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #280 of 1,613
I have user experience with all 3 cables. The Ares II will be my last choice out of the 3 cables as it will become stiff over time. If you want versatility with the jack & don't mind the heavier feeling, the Hulk is an excellent choice. Otherwise, the No.5 is my top choice.
I wouldn't mind the performance of Hulk in more "slender" design. It looks and feels like 8-wire cable. Also ready to sacrifice the jack versatility for the sake of sound quality.

Feb 19, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #281 of 1,613
I wouldn't mind the performance of Hulk in more "slender" design. It looks and feels like 8-wire cable. Also ready to sacrifice the jack versatility for the sake of sound quality.

For jack versatility, you also have DITA's OSLO cable with the Awesome Plug.

Feb 19, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #282 of 1,613
PWAudio.jpg

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #283 of 1,613
Fair enough.

For jack versatility, you also have DITA's OSLO cable with the Awesome Plug.
Well, you have to try Dunu cables. Their quick switching on the jack is superior to the Awesome Plug. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back