Pure i-20 iPod/iPhone Dock as a DAC
Jun 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #451 of 554
Make sure it is awake and not locked when you dock it. Mine does that sometimes too.

My phones used to charge, now I get intermittent messages that "Charging is not supported for this device."  It seems to have been with the last iOS update.  Anyone have a similar experience, and if so know a workaround?

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #454 of 554
Jun 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #455 of 554
Yeah, somehow the plastic cracked.  It was almost certainly due to being packed in my gear for meets and shows, but one side of the silver "mount" assembly broke through, and I assume a cable got knocked loose or sliced by the broken plastic.  It'll either be easy to fix or I'll buy a new one.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #456 of 554
Great support. Their support site was a pain but they are sending a replacement. They were very congenial and prompt.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #461 of 554
Quote:
Could you please let us know if this worked?  I am getting the same error with my iPod touch 4th gen running the latest IOS 6.

When I get it, sure.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #462 of 554
Do you know if this DAC is better than the one in E17? And can it connect directly to speakers?

I used the RCA L/R connect direct to my M-Audio BX5a power speakers and it works fine. To the folks at Pure Audio, great job ! For $90.00,my I Touch 4G along with he Pure I 20 the sound reproduction is stunning. Fast and clear....I listened to Gary Moore last night and the sound of the drumstick on the drum head is unbelievable real...mid bass is tight and fast...worth every penny .

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #463 of 554
I stumbled across this thread over the weekend.  I had previously been running my little dot mkiii through my home theater avr, however I wasn't able to use my ipod as a source...only my sacd player.  So I've been searching for a solution without having to spend a lot of money on a stand alone dac.  My avr does have an ipod dock input, however it will not output audio to the headphone amp.

I received the Pure I on Monday and hooked it directly into my little dot via rca and the sound is quite nice. Eventually I may get a separate dac and just use the Pure as a doc, however right now I would say I am quite happy with this setup and don't see a compelling reason to go the other route.  Great value for $90...I'd have a hard time believing anything can beat this dock at this price point.  I haven't heard any of the higher end more expensive docks, but I'd be surprised if they sounded much better than this.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #464 of 554
One thing though,the RCA analog output is set way too high, even at the lowest volume on my Itouch 4G, I have to set my M Audio BX5a volume way down .I wish they calibrate the I 20 output at the same as CD player so the amp in the speakers can open up to their full potential. However as we agree that for $90 price point, it's a good product.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #465 of 554
Code:
 Hi, I currently fed a nuforce dda-100 with an ipod Touch and a Pure i-20 through its coaxial output. At the time being I'm not considering any upgrade except maybe a new transport. In particular, I'm considering a mac mini as a solution for both audio and video streaming from a NAS. Anyway, the Mini is rather expensive and I find its cost justified only if it can provide also serious improvements from a a SQ point of view (in combination with audirvana plus – integer mode). The more I look into the matter, the more it seems that making the mini sound good requires a lot of software optimizations, power supplies substitution, etc… From your experience, is the upgrade worth considering from a sound quality point of view? Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back