Purchased Klipsch X10 to use with ipod/phone need amp help
Jan 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Csirus

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I recently purchased the x10's on Amazon because of the price break.  I have always loved music, but am recently trying to obtain better and better quality.  I am very new to the whole thing, but would like some help with getting an amp.

My first question is do I need a DAC.  From my research a DAC converts digital output to analog, and from what I read pretty much everything automatically does this(Computer, iPod, etc.).  For give me if I'm wrong that is just what I got from reading wiki article.  If this is the case, when would you need a DAC?

Next question would be what amp to go with, if even necessary.  I would like to get the most out of my headphones, and from what I read it really makes a difference.  I am looking at the E11, E17, or E07k.  I am a complete noob as I stated when it comes to this, and just want to upgrade the quality of my music.  I only get high quality audio files (Thanks what.cd) so that isn't an issue.  I plan on getting a LOD to go with it.  Is the E17 worth the extra 100$ (e11 is 60) or does the 11 do the trick.

TL;DR : Use iPhone with high quality files on my x10's, E11, E17, or E07K?

Thanks  if you need any add'l info please let me know.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 4
If you'll also use the IEM's with your computer, then get the E17 as the DAC part is excellent. The DAC on he E17 doesn't work with iDevices even with a LOD cable. There are differing levels of quality in DAC's, most computers aren't tha good, so that's why many folk buy an external unit.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
If you'll also use the IEM's with your computer, then get the E17 as the DAC part is excellent. The DAC on he E17 doesn't work with iDevices even with a LOD cable. There are differing levels of quality in DAC's, most computers aren't tha good, so that's why many folk buy an external unit.

Great, Thanks for the advice, I was leaning towards that one.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Two amps I use that provide excellent sound quality for me with my X10s are the Pico Slim and the RSA Shadow.  Take a peek at some of the reviews and think about putting them in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back