Purchased Etymotic HF2's but worried ... Help?
May 21, 2011 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

UserUnverified

New Head-Fier
Hi I recently bought a pair of Etymotic HF2's but after spending hours researching them I've started to notice a lot of reviewers saying they break down within months, the cable gets torn, one side stops working etc. and apparently all this happens even when you're careful with them. So what have you guys experienced? How long will they last? 

Also how does the audio quality compare with the B&W P5's? 

Thanks a lot.

May 21, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm not a fan of the ety sound, but their build quality is very good. There are always lemons, but at least historically, etymotic earphones are known to last. Plus the company has a good warranty, and stands behind its products. Can't compare them to the p5 however, as I haven't heard it.

May 21, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm using their MC5's right now, and even though I really dislike the Ety sound signature (I'm pretty much a basshead), I can't fault them for their build quality. I've been using these MC5's for a while (only for the isolation) and they've been holding up well and I've had no problems with them so far.

Besides, they have a warranty (but I doubt you'll need it).

May 21, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #4 of 4
The only reason why you see more complaints about break down is because the majority of user don't usually come to forum and complain about how durable the IEM is - " man I wish my HF2 have broken by now so I can get something else!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back