Pulled the trigger in UM3X!
Apr 5, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 84
anyone have a pic of them in their ears??

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #17 of 84
I do in fact; took it with my phone to send to my girlfriend
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #18 of 84
looks sweet, how is the cable compared to tf10?

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #19 of 84
They look even better in person; smaller too. And the cable is amazing. It's a triple braid all the way down and it has NO resistance. When wrapped around 4 fingers and placed anywhere, the cable just lies there without tangling or extending back out; best cable I've ever had IMO.

The included soft/hard pouch gives it a lot of room and I can even fit my Clip+ in there as well (without touching the drivers) so I can have my whole rig in that one case. Very good, strong cable.

Oh, and no microphonics what so ever (might help that I'm using comply's too).

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #20 of 84
my tf10 cable hurt my ears so a softer cable will be great

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #23 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraggerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds great^^
will it have better highs than re0?

IMO the re0 have better highs. The um3x highs are definitely not as prominent but a little bit of walkman EQ and its basically equal to the re0. However, the um3x beats the re0 everywhere else (bass, mids, isolation, cable)

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #24 of 84
Yea the highs on the UM3Xs are a little laid back but they are in no way lacking; just eq them up a bit and there you have it
smily_headphones1.gif

But yes the mids and bass on the UM3Xs are astounding.

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #25 of 84
I've found that switching from Complys to Shure Olives makes a massive difference to the highs on my UM3Xs - fit maybe not as good (I'm going to try medium rather than small), but I much prefer the sound signature.

Kent

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #26 of 84
Interesting; I'll be able to see how the sig changes when my silicon tips from Klipsch come in sometime this week (hopefully). I wanted to get some black olives but at around 20 bucks a box of one size (and I don't know what size to get), that can get very expensive, very fast.

This tip setup was 15 and has one pair of all of Klipsch's sizes so I can find the one that's right for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #27 of 84
FWIW, I've found that Sony Hybrid tips work really well with the UM3X. You just have to use the plastic core from a Comply tip, and the hybrid slips right on. Great isolation, comfort and sound.

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #29 of 84
Yep, open cell foam soaks up a good chunk of top end. Switching to Olive tips open up the top end and even some of the upper midrange too. The Olive tips have a solid top layer and are a closed cell design that doesn't soak up the highs. I've always considered the stock Comply tips to be a horrible choice for the UM3X. The top end is still a little mild relative to some other earphone options.

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #30 of 84
Thanks for that info
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess I'll look at some pictures and find the right sized olives that match the average middle sized silicons and short comply tips (unless anyone knows off hand what size it would be, I'm guessing small Olives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back