PSB Speakers M4U 4 --- Hybrid BA/Dynamic IEM
May 5, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #318 of 330
Sorry,
I do not know the two iems. The PSB has a kind of mini MMCX. That's how I would describe it!

you can also ask the psb support if a cable can be purchased?

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #321 of 330
Picked these up for $50 from an ad I noticed on Facebook marketplace (since I like PSB speakers) and uh.... wow. My best in-ear had been the Tin T2. These are so much more immersive.

Being vaguely aware of how quickly this tech develops, I'm curious what fans of this moved onto? What supplanted them? I saw that @MacedonianHero sold his set. Not that I'm going to stop using these anytime soon.

Did these really come without filters new? I was unable to turn up a shot of them where I could see into the nozzle. I guess this is why they came with Comply wax-guards. I've got a pack on the way. Right now using with some inside-out silicones! That tip's been a godsend for my use of several sets. The M4U 4 was hurting my ear where the bottom of the unit sat, so flipped tips extend them a little extra.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #322 of 330
50USD is actually a bargain. Congratulation. Note, however, that there is no replacement cable on the market.
Very bass oriented. Good resolution and stage. Too expensive for the original price (400USD) but pretty good for 50 USD.

Jul 1, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #324 of 330
I don't use IEMs much these days, and when I do the M4U4 is not the first one I reach for (fit is a bit fussy, and I never remember it as the funnest sounding thing), but god darn when putting these next to any other IEM I have (admittedly a pretty cheap selection), everything else sounds downright claustrophobic and stuffy.

Anyone who still has a watch on this thread, what's your next level or current gen M4U4? Do you still use the M4U4?

Jul 2, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #325 of 330
I don't use IEMs much these days, and when I do the M4U4 is not the first one I reach for (fit is a bit fussy, and I never remember it as the funnest sounding thing), but god darn when putting these next to any other IEM I have (admittedly a pretty cheap selection), everything else sounds downright claustrophobic and stuffy.

Anyone who still has a watch on this thread, what's your next level or current gen M4U4? Do you still use the M4U4?
I use to love the M4U4 but they had two major flaws. 1) they have proprietary connections and 2) they just didn’t last.
You just reminded me that mine are sitting in the drawer waiting for a DIY fix.
I might bring back to life when I have some free time.
In terms of SQ they are really nice. Balance, warming organic signature and while not super detailed they have good details retrieval.
I’m not sure what’s available nowadays on the same level.

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #327 of 330
I called PSB a year ago and they offered one for $50 (Canadian)... I didn't ask how much shipping would be on top of that :)

I wonder if it would be more practical to have a good cable-maker/modder make short PSB to MMCX adapters from a stock M4U4 cable.

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #328 of 330
Picked these up for $50 from an ad I noticed on Facebook marketplace (since I like PSB speakers) and uh.... wow. My best in-ear had been the Tin T2. These are so much more immersive.

Being vaguely aware of how quickly this tech develops, I'm curious what fans of this moved onto? What supplanted them? I saw that @MacedonianHero sold his set. Not that I'm going to stop using these anytime soon.

Did these really come without filters new? I was unable to turn up a shot of them where I could see into the nozzle. I guess this is why they came with Comply wax-guards. I've got a pack on the way. Right now using with some inside-out silicones! That tip's been a godsend for my use of several sets. The M4U 4 was hurting my ear where the bottom of the unit sat, so flipped tips extend them a little extra.
They should have filters but they are rather flimsy and when I cleaned them up lightly one came off and I never felt like dealing with but now I have more free time so may use it as a DIY task since the dampening material also fell off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back