PSB M4U 2
Jul 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #48 of 733
I have a couple of Andy Pratt albums so I'll give them a listen and get back later.

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #49 of 733
Hey I live in belgium and so far I've only found crutchfield and another shipper thats sells them in pounds which makes them more expensive. Anyone knows a good shipper to Belgium/West europe? Pref. in dollars.

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #50 of 733
£ 
Quote:
Hey I live in belgium and so far I've only found crutchfield and another shipper thats sells them in pounds which makes them more expensive. Anyone knows a good shipper to Belgium/West europe? Pref. in dollars.

I believe that you should be able to order a set through one of the European vendors more cheaply than through the US. I checked one place out in England, and they do offer international shipping. I'm not sure of the price at that shop, but from what I'd read in earlier p/reviews, they should be £ 299. I think I've even seen them selling for around that price in ads from German vendors too.

I think maybe your local settings in your PC are causing the issue. As far as I know, Crutchfield is selling them for $399 USD, and maybe your browser is just showing that number with £ as the "local unit" without doing a conversion for you...? If that's not the case, I'd check into buying from England, Germany or one of your neighboring countries who have an authorized PSB dealer. There's one in the Netherlands (just a warehouse maybe...?) that doesn't look too far a drive if you can manage that. (Mind you I'm from Canada, so that is a short drive in small countries by comparison
tongue_smile.gif
)

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #52 of 733
Quote:
Any news on the cracking issue fix? Do we know when they will be sending out the updated versions?

Snagged this from PSB's Facebook page:
"...To the best of our knowledge, no more than a limited number of consumers have came forward with these cracking issues, and our engineering and development team have confirmed that this is an isolated issue within a small number of M4U 2 headphones. I wouldn't be concerned with the build quality of these headphones James, and we are urging all of our M4U 2 users to contact your local authorized PSB dealer immediately if stress cracks are detected to arrange to exchange them."

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #53 of 733
Quote:
"...To the best of our knowledge, no more than a limited number of consumers have came forward with these cracking issues, and our engineering and development team have confirmed that this is an isolated issue within a small number of M4U 2 headphones. I wouldn't be concerned with the build quality of these headphones James, and we are urging all of our M4U 2 users to contact your local authorized PSB dealer immediately if stress cracks are detected to arrange to exchange them."

Have you had any issues with it, DNB4Guy?

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #54 of 733
Quote:

Then why are they redesigning the headband plastic piece?

Who wrote that anyway, Dalton McGuinty?

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #55 of 733
Quote:
Have you had any issues with it, DNB4Guy?

Nope. Though I've not had to "stretch" them in any way when putting them on so maybe mine haven't suffered any stress at all. They go from my head to desk and back, though my cat does like to sleep on them...

Aside from a couple paw prints from me and my cat, they look "new".

I use them daily, and if I happen upon a problem I'll let ya know. So far, they're solid.

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #59 of 733
Quote:
I finally got these burned in and theses are a truly fantastic sounding headphone. I can't add much to what's already been said, but put me down as a very satisfied customer. .

How would you compare these to others you own?  I agree with your assessment and was surprised at how lukewarm Tyll was regarding the M4U2.

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #60 of 733
If they release the version without NC I will definitely concider picking up one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back