PSB M4U 2
Nov 8, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #721 of 733
In terms of pure sound quality these are the best ANC headphones I've heard, and not by a small margin either.
I drove mine out of my LG V20 mobile mostly, a great combo.
The amplifier worked quite well, but I didn't use it much - no need and it was noisy.

Again, for $99 as a second (or third or forth) headphone they are a good buy IMHO.
No build issues for me either.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #722 of 733
(no pun
In terms of pure sound quality these are the best ANC headphones I've heard, and not by a small margin either.
I drove mine out of my LG V20 mobile mostly, a great combo.
The amplifier worked quite well, but I didn't use it much - no need and it was noisy.

Again, for $99 as a second (or third or forth) headphone they are a good buy IMHO.
No build issues for me either.
Uh oh I'm starting to crack...:L3000: I mean 99 bucks!...

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #723 of 733
I had mine for 5 years and did not have headband issues. The left channel started to crackle a little so that was the end of them for me. Mine have some rough miles too. I would say they are easy buy at $99.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #725 of 733
So how is the durability on these from all of your perspectives? I have been debating getting these for a few months now (bc of sound reviews), but those Amazon reviews have me scared af because so many say that they crack or break or the leather peels off or the battery cover comes off, or internal wires get broken.

So? Is it a huge concern like I think or no?
Huge concern. I would not buy them again. I had the first pair replaced then sold the replacement immediately on canuck audio mart.

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #726 of 733
That is a great price. I love mine - best ANC headphones I’ve heard - sound quality is awesome. Haven’t had any issues with mine. I might be tempted to buy a back up pair at that price.

Nov 9, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #727 of 733
SQ is excellent. It's been my can at work, still going strong - admittedly not much under stress. The headband is holding up, no issues.

For $99 they are a steal, but if you already have good cans, these are not a must.

And why cheap? Why do the HD6xx sell for $200 when the same HD650 sells for double? :)

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #728 of 733
Mine also developed the cracks, I then had to force the German retailer to send me a replacement during warranty.
These new also developed the same cracks after 1+ year plus wiring to one earcup seems also to break...
BUT: the sound is so incredible great without too much boost in any aspect.
Not for bassheads but for musicians with interests in details!
If I was offered a wish I'd like them to be sturdier but soundwise they are my love.

I'd take them for 99 only if not planning to use them under stress conditions, taking them off / on with bending...
Handle them like an egg ...
If this is yours then: ORDER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back