PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
Jan 7, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #106 of 411
  The patch to make the Sony Pulse Headset work with the PS4 is due to release "early this month" according to some higher-up person at Sony. Hopefully this means we will be able to have the features of the 7 year old PS3.

I highly doubt that.

For example the internet browser does not support flash. The ps4 has a lot of missing ps3 features like DLNA. I don't know what Sonys problem is. Sound via optical and voice chat via usb.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #107 of 411
So, my Philips X1 and the BoomPro arrived today. I connected the audio jack to my Turtle Beach DSS and the mic to my PS4 controller's audio jack. via a Y cable. The sound is fantastic except I can't get the microphone to work at all. Can anyone provide some assistance? I'm thinking I'm out of luck...
mad.gif

EDIT: I'm out of luck. I need a mixamp.
angry_face.gif

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #108 of 411
So, my Philips X1 and the BoomPro arrived today. I connected the audio jack to my Turtle Beach DSS and the mic to my PS4 controller's audio jack. via a Y cable. The sound is fantastic except I can't get the microphone to work at all. Can anyone provide some assistance? I'm thinking I'm out of luck... :mad:

EDIT: I'm out of luck. I need a mixamp. :angry_face:
Does the Phillips X1 comes with a microphone for mobile devises?

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #113 of 411
The usb sound card has no optical input. I plug it in the usb port of the ps4.
It has following inputs:
Line In
Mic In
Front Audio
Center/Sub
Rear Audio

It works perfect with my analog headset

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #114 of 411
umm im not sure but that usb doesnt really give 5.1 surround sound and i dont think the ps4 or xbox1 surround sound through usb, as it has been stated before...if anything, this might be more of a pro logic II ? I might be wrong

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #115 of 411
  The usb sound card has no optical input. I plug it in the usb port of the ps4.
It has following inputs:
Line In
Mic In
Front Audio
Center/Sub
Rear Audio

It works perfect with my analog headset

Thats one strange headset, but I highly doubt you're getting anything other than stereo from the PS4 USB port, but what does this have to do with using 3.5mm x2 headset with a PS4?

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #117 of 411
I'm having problems getting my set up to work on PS4, I have an optical cable going from ps4 to 5.8 tx unit and the official astro USB chat cable going from ps4 front USB to 3.5mm jack on rear of tx unit. And on the rx unit I have V-Moda boompro connected to X1s and into 3.5mm on rx. I can't get chat to work at all but I know my equipment is fine because if I plug it directly into DS4 chat works fine. any help appreciated, Thanks.

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #118 of 411
Got an update guys:

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/01/31/ps4-update-1-6-delayed-coincide-jp-ps4-launch/

Firmware 1.6 will be released on februaray 22nd.

Hopefully this will fix a lot of headset problems. I want optical output and voice chat via usb.

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #119 of 411
  Got an update guys:

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/01/31/ps4-update-1-6-delayed-coincide-jp-ps4-launch/

Firmware 1.6 will be released on februaray 22nd.

Hopefully this will fix a lot of headset problems. I want optical output and voice chat via usb.

Yeah a lot of us do. I still do not get sonys move lately by reducing the functionality of the PS4 to less than the PS3.

I am actually shocked that japan does not have the PS4 yet. I do not get that at all. Generally when it comes to Asian gaming companies Japan almost gets everything first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back