PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
Dec 6, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #46 of 411
Wanna let you guys know, the Xonar U3 works on the PS4. O_O

Not sure on Dolby Headphone, but the chat and game audio will work. not that it's that great a thing, as the PS4's controller does the same thing.

Did you notice any sound differences between the Xonar U3 and the Dualshock 4?

I'm looking for something easy to use. Don't care about surround sound gaming since I usually play gaming in stereo, even in competitive games.

I have a Samson SR850 + modmic if anyone cares.

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #47 of 411
Did you notice any sound differences between the Xonar U3 and the Dualshock 4?

I'm looking for something easy to use. Don't care about surround sound gaming since I usually play gaming in stereo, even in competitive games.

I have a Samson SR850 + modmic if anyone cares.

Yeah, I would also like to know if theres a difference in sound quality if used with a xonar u3 or even a creative x-fi....just for stereo gaming of course

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #48 of 411
Not gonna be enough of a difference, and the Xonar has a huge output impedance, which I'm sure is much worse than the PS4 controller's audio jack. Just use the controller. You can't even set the U3 up properly on the PS4, and acts as a generic usb device.

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #49 of 411
Got the Mixamp 5.8 set up. Works perfectly with voice chat, using the Turtle Beach ps4 chat cable. Thank goodness.

The 5.8 does come with a 2.5mm to 2.5mm cabke, so all I needed was basically a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male cable, I guess like the ones just posted. Oh well, less adapters to hook up.
Told you!

The 5.8 MixAmp and the Turtle Beach PS4 chat cable combination is perfect. :)

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #51 of 411
Help! seems like you guys have got it wrapped up using the TB chat cable I am trying to use a TB DSS, Optical to dss and mic to 3.5 mm splitter to  the pad, the mic works and I can hear game sounds but cant here other people?? dont understand where a TB chat cable would go lol I havnt got any 2.5 conections in the setup?

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #53 of 411
No matter how I set it up it just cuts off the party and i cant hear them? Even tried an creative x-fi soon as i plug it into the usb it cuts off the party again really hacked off I just want to use my Dss???

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #54 of 411
You may have to put 'All Audio' and just mute everyone else but your friends. I know CoD Ghosts has options to mute everyone but your friends.

Dec 13, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #55 of 411
I have tried that mate cant hear anybody no matter what I set the PS4 to, I have standard PC headset 2x3.5 going to a traxx 4 pole 3.5 2x female and my DSS optical to the PS4 (also tried optical to the tv) I can hear the PS4 menu music/game music and can hear my friend really clear as soon as I plug anything into the controller it cuts of party chat ? I can see he is talking (the little speaker symbol) I then purchased a Creative x-fi go thinking I could plug the mic into that instead? did the same thing cuts off the party (so looks like thats going back) I have changed all the PS4 options optical/bitstream linear pcm/ all chat / all sound etc the ironic thing is I am playing Battlefield 4 through a 1000 watt 5.1 home theatre kit which great till everyones in bed lol might just have to drop some cash on a turtlebeach headset. :mad:

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #56 of 411
I had the same problem when trying to use my wired Mixamp for audio, and the controller for voice chat. I had to use the Mixamp for both game/chat audio, so nothing actually plugs into the controller.

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #58 of 411
Yes. With the Mixamp, all you need to do is hook it up via USB (as well as optical for surround), and the PS4 will read it as a chat device. You plug in your headphone/mic to the Mixamp, and you're golden. The problem you experience happens to me ONLY if I use the Mixamp AND try to use the mic through the PS4 CONTROLLER. You will NOT wanna do that, but like I said, plug into the Mixamp itself for voice chat.

As it happens to be, I'm selling my wired 2011 Mixamp for $80 total (selling it since I reacquired a Mixamp 5.8), if you're interested. These have the least amount of hiss out of all the Mixamps (and less than the DSS)

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #59 of 411
Unfortunately the dss doesnt work the same way the usb is for power only and the ps4 doesn't even know its there, back to the start I think? Thanks for the offer on your mix amp mate but dont want spend any money if I can help it and I am in the uk.  It seems the mic is going to be the issue.

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #60 of 411
Unfortunately the dss doesnt work the same way the usb is for power only and the ps4 doesn't even know its there, back to the start I think? Thanks for the offer on your mix amp mate but dont want spend any money if I can help it and I am in the uk.  It seems the mic is going to be the issue.

You and me are in the same boat right now, except I'm using a Marantz AVR in place of the DSS..same concept.

The problem as I said before is when ever you plug the mic in USB, the PS4 will only let the chat in AND out via USB.. That's why you can't hear it anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back