PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
Feb 28, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #181 of 411
All you have to do is press it down for a moment and it turns off. Not a tap, and not HOLDING. Just press it for a brief moment. A press, not a tap.

Thanks Ill have to be more patient I guess.

One thing I still notice is a miniscule audio delay using the Mixamp 5.8. I guess you could just imagine it as "sound lagging". Its very small, but after coming from 1.5+ years of wired headset use, I notice it right away. I know this kind of sounds like a Mixamp 5.8 review, but I was hoping the 5.8 would be the problem solver for me and my quest for ultimate sound with PS4.

On a side note, since I finally had a 4-pole headset adapter, I decided to plug directly into the DS4... .... .... ...

It sounded like absolute garbage..horrible, sitting in the sun for 5 days garbage. Overall volume sucked, dynamics sucked, everything SUCKED.

Word of advice for those wanting to plug your headset into the PS4 controller....dont do it!!!

For chat it may be ok, but not for game audio...omg its horrible...

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #182 of 411
What is delayed, the audio coming from the TV or the Mixamp? Like if you put the volume up on the TV, which is heard first?

I hear a delay, but it's so minute, it would only bother me if both TV and Mixamp were playing audio at the same time. Surely not something that would happen under normal circumstances.

Considering how bad most TV are with so much processing that many people don't turn off, the Mixamp audio would still be ahead of the action on screen.

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #183 of 411
What is delayed, the audio coming from the TV or the Mixamp? Like if you put the volume up on the TV, which is heard first?

I hear a delay, but it's so minute, it would only bother me if both TV and Mixamp were playing audio at the same time. Surely not something that would happen under normal circumstances.

Considering how bad most TV are with so much processing that many people don't turn off, the Mixamp audio would still be ahead of the action on screen.

The actual audio being transmitted from the 5.8 TX to RX is slightly delayed. I dont have any audio going to the TV.

I can tell because when I shoot a gun (In CoD for example) I hear the gunshot very slightly behind when I pull the trigger. Its not a game-breaking issue by any means, but its noticeable to me. This also leads me to question if I hear footsteps slightly delayed.

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #184 of 411
The actual audio being transmitted from the 5.8 TX to RX is slightly delayed. I dont have any audio going to the TV.

I can tell because when I shoot a gun (In CoD for example) I hear the gunshot very slightly behind when I pull the trigger. Its not a game-breaking issue by any means, but its noticeable to me. This also leads me to question if I hear footsteps slightly delayed.

That's weird. I have both wired and wireless MixAmps and don't have this issue.

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #185 of 411
That's weird. I have both wired and wireless MixAmps and don't have this issue.

When I say "slight" delay I really mean it. Its a very small delay.

Ether way, I notice it and it bothers me. I cant even begin to put an actual millisecond estimation on it, but I hear it.

For my best guess, Its probably so small that most players arent affected by it.

FWIW, I dont see any use for the 5.8 on a PS4. Ill have mine up for sale soon.

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #186 of 411
If I have a PS4, a DSS and the BoomPro mic along with my K545 headphones, will I be able to set it up without the rocketfish cable? Here in the UK it is nigh impossible to find a cable like that?

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #187 of 411
  If I have a PS4, a DSS and the BoomPro mic along with my K545 headphones, will I be able to set it up without the rocketfish cable? Here in the UK it is nigh impossible to find a cable like that?

The Rocketfish cable requires you to connect the headphone and the microphone vial a four pole 3.5mm.  Yes you can use it but you will need the headset buddy.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #188 of 411
I see, im unable to get a Rocketfish cable here in Scotland. So would I be able to plug the headset buddy directly into the headphone slot of the mixamp and still get sound and mic capabilities without the Rocketfish cable? As far as I can tell the Rocketfish is just used to control muting the mic or does it do something else?

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #189 of 411
I see, im unable to get a Rocketfish cable here in Scotland. So would I be able to plug the headset buddy directly into the headphone slot of the mixamp and still get sound and mic capabilities without the Rocketfish cable? As far as I can tell the Rocketfish is just used to control muting the mic or does it do something else?

You only need the Rocketfish cable is you own the TurtleBeach DSS, for the Astro MixAmp you would need the Turtlebeach PS4 chat chat cable.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #190 of 411
OK, will probably get DSS due to price, will try see if an alternative to the Rocketfish cable is available here. So essentially if I can't get the Rocketfish cable I can hear the sound but can't use the mic?

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #194 of 411
OK, will look in to getting the Tritton Detonator cable if it will definitely work for mic capabilities. Thank's very much for your help
No problem, two things. Don't power the DSS of the PS4 USB port and use the headset buddy adapter because you will need to connect the headset and microphone via a four pole connector to the Tritton cable.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #195 of 411
No problem, two things. Don't power the DSS of the PS4 USB port and use the headset buddy adapter because you will need to connect the headset and microphone via a four pole connector to the Tritton cable.

Great, hopefully have this set up by the end of the coming week. Not to be a bother, but my brother was looking into the mixamp option and had a question to verify the set up. Have you got your 5.8 mixamp wired like so;

TX unit to optical and usb port of ps4
Headphones to headphone port of RX unit
RX unit to ps4 controller via turtle beach ps4 chat cable? And does that adequately provide sound and mic?

Thank you again, this is all new to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back