PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Nov 8, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #421 of 1,094
WipEout HD > Gran Turismo :p

Guess the optimal situation will repeat, with PC for everything and PlayStation for those exclusive games (Valkyria Chronicles was easily in my top 3 this gen). :)

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #422 of 1,094
  Guess you aren't a fan of driving sims? 

Gran Turismo is THE reason I want to own any console at all.

WipEout HD > Gran Turismo :p

Guess the optimal situation will repeat, with PC for everything and PlayStation for those exclusive games (Valkyria Chronicles was easily in my top 3 this gen). :)

rFactor is a real racing sim, and it's PC exclusive.
Gran Turismo and Forza just pretend to be racing sims.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #423 of 1,094

rFactor is a real racing sim, and it's PC exclusive.
Gran Turismo and Forza just pretend to be racing sims.

Your claims are killing me :D
Alas, the master PC race :p

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #424 of 1,094
Dead rising 3 on XB1 is 720p/30fps. Oh lawd. 2006 all over again.

Multiplat games are either gonna look better and compare decently against the PS4, or there is gonna be a wider gap once devs start making gamaes that task the systems even more...

PS4 multiplats are gonna look better this time around, y'know :]

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #425 of 1,094
  Your claims are killing me :D
Alas, the master PC race :p

It is painfully true though. rFactor and iRacing both trounce over Forza and GT in terms of absolute realism. However, I still love GT, and even if it isn't fully realistic, it is still a fun game to play. And perhaps more so than the hyper realistic PC racing sims. They are real enough, while still not being fully realistic. 

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #427 of 1,094

It is painfully true though. rFactor and iRacing both trounce over Forza and GT in terms of absolute realism. However, I still love GT, and even if it isn't fully realistic, it is still a fun game to play. And perhaps more so than the hyper realistic PC racing sims. They are real enough, while still not being fully realistic. 

Agreed. I know full well GT is not a realistic driving sim.   How realistic can it be when you t-bone a wall at 300K/hr and keep on rolling LOL

But I've been a long-time fan of the series and still consider it a benchmark to compare other driving/racing games.  But admittedly haven't tried many others.  I've never wanted to drive/race on my PC for fear of wanting to go out and spend a few grand on a F1 cockpit, complete with carbon fiber seat and Momo steering wheel.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #428 of 1,094
Which is the best platform for FPS atm ? Nothing cerebral - I just like running around in games like Crysis with nice scenery and lots of weaponry, although Killzone-style shooters wear pretty thin - often repetitious 'factory' style levels. Loved the CoD series, if that helps, and zombie shooters are my all-time fave. 

Thanks,

estreeter

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #429 of 1,094
  Which is the best platform for FPS atm ? Nothing cerebral - I just like running around in games like Crysis with nice scenery and lots of weaponry, although Killzone-style shooters wear pretty thin - often repetitious 'factory' style levels. Loved the CoD series, if that helps, and zombie shooters are my all-time fave. 

Thanks,

estreeter

I would say the PS4?
Most of those games are multiplatform but they are probably gonna look and run better on Sony console this time around.
The new Killzone looks much more open this time around too.
You'll also have some pretty interesting exclusives that could fit your bill.
My 0.2.

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #430 of 1,094

Thanks,

estreeter

a lot of people would say PC. But since this a ps4 vs. xbone, pc is not a option. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #431 of 1,094
Been there and done it with the PC - not interested in having to upgrade every 18 months at the whim of game developers. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #432 of 1,094
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/killzone_shadow_fall/news/download_killzone_shadow_fall_footage_running_in_1080p_at_60_frames_per_second.html

That finally looks like what I expect a game to look like. websites never show how games truly look. this is the first case of a video looking like my actual expectations.

KZ is probably gonna be my first game.

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #433 of 1,094
OK - looks like I may have shot my big mouth off a little too quickly re KZ - even the screenshots look so much better than the earlier editions of the game. I felt much the same way in those games as I did in Halo (every Halo ..) - run around a level that looks very similar to an earlier level shooting basically either pathetic midgets or leaping 'panthers'. This looks more like a world I want to explore:

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #435 of 1,094
Well, that tends to be the case with launches...
In a year or two, there will be lots of great, exclusive games for it as all the first parties are working or a next-gen title :]
Still I did not preorder one, but am sure to buy the PS4 early next year/Xmas :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back