PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Oct 31, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #406 of 1,094
The problem with the PS3 analog layout is that your left thumb is almost always on the stick. The placement is more natural on the 360 controller. Having owned both systems for so long, you'd be crazy in thinking the PS3 stick layout was comparable or better than the 360 layout.

The right analog being on the bottom half is perfect, because you are constantly switching between the buttons and the stick. Also many games won't even utilize the right stick all that much, wbile the left stick is always used.

I will always prefer the 360 layout, but the PS layout is still functional.

My right thumb never leaves the right thumb stick for longer than 1/5th of a second. My left thumb never leaves the left stick, either. The muscles on my thumbs say that to keep them pointing upward, like you have to do with the xbox, is actually moving a muscle. If I let my thumbs go limp, they point outward, and actually end up resting right over the playstation analog sticks.

I still find it weird everyone else's thumbs DON'T do this...

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #407 of 1,094
My right thumb never leaves the right thumb stick for longer than 1/5th of a second. My left thumb never leaves the left stick, either. The muscles on my thumbs say that to keep them pointing upward, like you have to do with the xbox, is actually moving a muscle. If I let my thumbs go limp, they point outward, and actually end up resting right over the playstation analog sticks.

I still find it weird everyone else's thumbs DON'T do this...

I know, right?

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #409 of 1,094
On the topic of this thread.... I was going to get a PS4 as I wanted to change the types of games I have been playing by changing camps. However, the news that they arent going to support DNLA/MP3/etc (at launch at least) kinda reduces my desire to own one. I want to use other media capabilities with a new console, something the Xbone should do, and the PS3 did. Not to say the community wont make work-arounds for these short commings.

...but I have been wanting to make a new HTPC anyway so I dunno still.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #410 of 1,094
On the topic of this thread.... I was going to get a PS4 as I wanted to change the types of games I have been playing by changing camps. However, the news that they arent going to support DNLA/MP3/etc (at launch at least) kinda reduces my desire to own one. I want to use other media capabilities with a new console, something the Xbone should do, and the PS3 did. Not to say the community wont make work-arounds for these short commings.

...but I have been wanting to make a new HTPC anyway so I dunno still.

The PS3 didn't support it either at launch. I have no idea why they do this. An important point here is the xbone does not take normal inputs. You have to either buy a headset specifically meant for the xbox one, or buy a special converter just to use your headphones :/

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #412 of 1,094
if i was forced to buy a new gen console, it would be the ps4 because of no region lock and the jap games i want only comes to ps4. But if i have free will, i wouldn't buy either because you need to pay for online. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #414 of 1,094
The funny thing about jrpgs is that this current gen, all my fave jrpgs came out on the 360, even though the ps3 had more volume. Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean IV were all 360 exclusives in America (though the latter two eventjally came out on PS3, though Vesoeria never made it to the states on PS3).

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #415 of 1,094
I'm sticking exclusively to PC.

Microsoft has just come out and said that all of their first party titles will come to PC.
I've never cared much for Sony's exclusives as I consider their blockbuster ones interactive movies.

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #416 of 1,094

Microsoft has just come out and said that all of their first party titles will come to PC.
I've never cared much for Sony's exclusives as I consider their blockbuster ones interactive movies.

Sir, you're an ignorant.
Thank you :D

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #418 of 1,094
Dead rising 3 on XB1 is 720p/30fps. Oh lawd. 2006 all over again.

Multiplat games are either gonna look better and compare decently against the PS4, or there is gonna be a wider gap once devs start making gamaes that task the systems even more...

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #419 of 1,094
Dead rising 3 on XB1 is 720p/30fps. Oh lawd. 2006 all over again.

Multiplat games are either gonna look better and compare decently against the PS4, or there is gonna be a wider gap once devs start making gamaes that task the systems even more...

This is why I don't bother with consoles any more 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #420 of 1,094

Guess you aren't a fan of driving sims? 

Gran Turismo is THE reason I want to own any console at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back