PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Sep 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #346 of 1,094
  I'd like to ask, does the Xbox have at least a good games that aren't fps? The only game I've really heard of that I'd like on the xbox is Lost Odyssey. Really, the xbox feels like a shooter-only console.

Really can't answer that. I grew up playing halo competitively. I would say the 360 is shooter based though, at least most of their exclusives. Shooter games sell, that's probably why. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #347 of 1,094
Judging by hardware specs, PS4 stands out.
It really depends on titles. Personally, PS4 titles look much more appealing. Cross-platform never is problem as long as money talks though

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #348 of 1,094
I think I'll buy both eventually, so that I can play the exclusive titles. But considering how I owned one system and bought the slim version of the other, I think choosing one console will suffice for awhile.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #349 of 1,094
Personally I'm going with the Xbox and its simply a matter of trusting Microsoft's software over Sony. Yes the PS4 has slightly better hardware but I think Microsoft optimizes their software better to the hardware. Just watch for the problems that will arise with multi platform releases like Battlefield 4. It took Sony well over a year to fix the lag input issue that some players experienced with Battlefield 3 on the PS3. It came down to who had the more optimized software and not the Blu ray player that made for a better gaming experience. I'm a battlefield fan boy if you can't tell.  

I have both platforms btw and find that as fare as multi platform games go I do have a better experience with Xbox so far. I will admit that Sony gets the rights to better console exclusive releases for the most part. I guess it comes down to what type of gamer you are. If you want the best multi player experience go with Xbox, if you're a solo gamer that wants a better single player experience go with the PS4.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #350 of 1,094
  Personally I'm going with the Xbox and its simply a matter of trusting Microsoft's software over Sony. Yes the PS4 has slightly better hardware but I think Microsoft optimizes their software better to the hardware. Just watch for the problems that will arise with multi platform releases like Battlefield 4. It took Sony well over a year to fix the lag input issue that some players experienced with Battlefield 3 on the PS3. It came down to who had the more optimized software and not the Blu ray player that made for a better gaming experience. I'm a battlefield fan boy if you can't tell.  

I have both platforms btw and find that as fare as multi platform games go I do have a better experience with Xbox so far. I will admit that Sony gets the rights to better console exclusive releases for the most part. I guess it comes down to what type of gamer you are. If you want the best multi player experience go with Xbox, if you're a solo gamer that wants a better single player experience go with the PS4.

You know all those problems are associated with the very different architecture Sony chose for the PS3, right?
Like a very powerful processor but a rather weak graphics chip [originally, they did not want to have a GPU at all] and the not so ideal RAM share distribution [256 + 256, apart from Xbox's 512 chunk]
It was ultimately very difficult to utilize by 3rd parties as the Unreal Engine and other engines were simply not ideal, which is evident when a custom tailored engine was created for every and each 1st party game, which proved that when utilized right, PS3 was as powerful if not more than the Xbox 360.
Just look at The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls, etc.

For multi-platform releases, 360 proved to be the easier platform to work with and most of the time the games were ported to PS3. While every time PS3 was chosen as the lead platform, the game looked better on it, which was not all that often.

With the PS4, Sony realized their mistake and are doing all the right things to fix it. As a matter of fact, PS4 has been confirmed as the easier, more powerful and better platform to develop for by the developers themselves, not even talking about 1st parties.

It had very little to do with Sony's OS, mostly it had to do with the unfortunate choice of architecture, which has been corrected this time around.

If you want to talk about software, the Microsoft's XBOX ONE graphics drivers are working only so-so, while Sony's seem to be doing quite fine + MS is sticking with 3 OS. 3 operating systems for 1 console. Does that sound easy to you?

If you search a bit around the internet, you will find the very information I am posting right now. So next time, please get your facts straight.
Thank you.

Ultimately, Xbox 360 was the platform of choice for developers and deservingly so. This time everything points at the PS4 as the platform to use the most.

Hope this clears it up somewhat.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #351 of 1,094
I'll probably end up with a PS4, but I'm not in a hurry.

I already have a Wii U, and a 360.  I bought the Wii U Wind Waker bundle.  I've really been enjoying it.  I primarily play on the gamepad screen, so I'm using almost like you would a portable.  I like to sit in a recliner and play on the screen that's on the controller.  I just like the ergonomics of it, and it makes vintage Virtual Console games less ugly than on my big TV.

My next purchase might be a PS Vita, because it allows remote play of a PS4, which would give a similar experience to the Wii U gamepad.  And Vita has a few good games of its own.

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #354 of 1,094
region free
confused_face_2.gif
  that's a super bonus !!!

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #358 of 1,094
PlayStation has always had the better hardware than xbox, I just do not like the way that M$ is marketing the xbox.  "HAAYYYY EVERYB0DY, L00000Q!!  THE NU XBOX DOES EVERYTHUNG BUTT PLEH GAMES PROPERLY!!!!  WE MAIYDE YOUSE GUISE AYY MEEDEEAH BOCKS THAT ALLOOUZ YOU TO...XBOX GO HOME, SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS, XBOX GO HOME...SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS...MOVIES, MOVIES, NETFLIX, NETFLIX, XBOX GO HOME!! HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!"

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #359 of 1,094
Even though I have had 2 rings of death on 3 Xbox's I have just ordered an Xbox One, mainly because I have invested too many hours accumulating all my achievement points and most of my mates have Xbox's, I'm sure the PS4 will be pretty awesome and I may end up getting one eventually but for now it is Xbox one all the way :) 

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #360 of 1,094
I'll be getting the Xbox One. Easy decision considering that's what all my friends are getting, that's where competitive console gaming is going, and Halo, which I'll probably end up disappointed in. Though, I'll probably end up waiting a little while until they start selling it without the Kinect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back