PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Mar 4, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #781 of 1,094

Modern 3D games use two sticks that your thumbs will be on 90% of the time. I fail to see your logic in your argument. On top of that, old-school (NES, SNES)controllers paced your thumbs in the same spot. It doesnt matter what they were doing, but they were symmetrical.

You need to play more games - only modern FPS has you using both thumb sticks at the same time for the majority of the time.  3D action games for example don't.

The old school controllers aren't symmetrical like the Dualshock - that's the entire point which seems to have flew over your head.

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #782 of 1,094
I'd buy PS4 after I finish playing all the games that I like to finish in PS3. Anyone here would like to keep their PS3's after they buy PS4? 'Cause I'm keeping all my Playstations. HAHA! 

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #783 of 1,094
I am keeping my ps3 for a long time, but I am a video game collector. I am surprised at the amount of people I talk to who pack away their old console the second they buy the new one. 

Hell I still have to play Dark Souls 2 when that is released. Though I may wait a bit to see if a PS4 port comes out.

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #784 of 1,094
  I'd buy PS4 after I finish playing all the games that I like to finish in PS3. Anyone here would like to keep their PS3's after they buy PS4? 'Cause I'm keeping all my Playstations. HAHA! 

If you could play old gen games on your next gen, it would make a lot of people stick to the same console brand..i am still debating over xbox one or ps4..i want to play dead rising 3 and killer instinct but not forza(project gotham racing it isn't)..not really a game on ps4 I want to play yet, but want to play what's new from the team who made the last of us!

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #785 of 1,094

.i am still debating over xbox one or ps4..i want to play dead rising 3 and killer instinct but not forza(project gotham racing it isn't)..not really a game on ps4 I want to play yet, but want to play what's new from the team who made the last of us!

Buy the X1 first and play those games which you can play now, then get the PS4 when it has the games you want.  Problem solved.

I don't get this fanboy tendency to just stick with one brand for a console - it's like irrationally sticking to only one brand of headphones.  I mean I "get" it - I used to be like that when I was a high school kid wanting to be in the "cool group", but ever since I earn my living I just buy all the consoles which has games I want to play.  If it has the games you want to play, then freaking save the money to buy it!

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #786 of 1,094

Buy the X1 first and play those games which you can play now, then get the PS4 when it has the games you want.  Problem solved.

I don't get this fanboy tendency to just stick with one brand for a console - it's like irrationally sticking to only one brand of headphones.  I mean I "get" it - I used to be like that when I was a high school kid wanting to be in the "cool group", but ever since I earn my living I just buy all the consoles which has games I want to play.  If it has the games you want to play, then freaking save the money to buy it!

The thing is I live in England and have a ps3 in new York that I haven't even turned on..i bought the ps3 just to play the last of us, but djing for three days at electric zoo and having hang overs(sauna in east village with plenty of water then back out on the beer again) has stopped me from playing it.trying to get to new York for a full 6 weeks and should hopefully finish the game!

Mar 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #789 of 1,094
Considering I can't speak or read japanese...

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #790 of 1,094
I'd buy the PS4. I've always had Playstations ever since the game changing, arcade killing, PS1 :D
I've owned many consoles in the past. I had an X Box, I loved it for Ninja Gaiden, Doom 3 etc. I didn't get an X360 because of the RROD, and disc scratching. Besides, I've been happy with my PS3 for the past few years, it's served me very well, and has been rock solid reliability wise.
My gaming days are coming to an end anyway I reckon, I don't play as much as I used to.
So yeah, PS4. The Xbox One seemed to be some kind of fascist Orwellian control console lol, more focussed on trying to kill the used game market, and being a media hub, stuff like that, rather than a games machine.
Part of me would like to see a new dawn for Nintendo, another golden age, like the SNES/N64 days :D

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #791 of 1,094
I'd buy the PS4. I've always had Playstations ever since the game changing, arcade killing, PS1
biggrin.gif

I've owned many consoles in the past. I had an X Box, I loved it for Ninja Gaiden, Doom 3 etc. I didn't get an X360 because of the RROD, and disc scratching. Besides, I've been happy with my PS3 for the past few years, it's served me very well, and has been rock solid reliability wise.
My gaming days are coming to an end anyway I reckon, I don't play as much as I used to.
So yeah, PS4. The Xbox One seemed to be some kind of fascist Orwellian control console lol, more focussed on trying to kill the used game market, and being a media hub, stuff like that, rather than a games machine.
Part of me would like to see a new dawn for Nintendo, another golden age, like the SNES/N64 days
biggrin.gif

I went the N64 then dreamcast xbox and xbox 360 route..still debating over ps4 or xbox one..i think it's going to be sony this time though!

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #792 of 1,094
I went the N64 then dreamcast xbox and xbox 360 route..still debating over ps4 or xbox one..i think it's going to be sony this time though!

Amstrad CPC 464
Commodore Amiga A500+
Sega Megadrive
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Sega Saturn
Playstation
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 2
Nintendo Gamecube
Xbox
Playstation 3

Are the games machines I've owned, but not all at the same time lol.
I've done a lot of gaming over the years :D I've also played my mates arcade boards, classics like Rastan Saga, Vulcan Venture, Final fight, etc. Ah, good times.

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #793 of 1,094
In my lifetime (31 years)

Atari 2600
Nintendo ES
Sega Genesis
Super Nintendo
Sega Saturn
Sony PlayStation
Sony Playstation 2
XBox 360 (ROD)
Sony Playstation 3
Sony Playstation 4

Memories... :)

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #794 of 1,094
It's always to stay on the line for the next gen consoles. Because not only you can brag your friends about it, but you can play the latest games available in the market. PS4 is what I would buy and not XBOX One, but if I have a chance to have 1grand/month I would definitely buy both of them. LOL! Last of Us 2 FTW!

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #795 of 1,094
What I've owned:
Famicom (Japanese Nintendo) + disk drive system
NEC PC-Engine
Super Nintendo (still have this)
Gameboy
Sony PlayStation
Sega Saturn (still have this)
Bandai Wonder Swan (still have this)
Gameboy Advance
Sega Dreamcast (still have this, 2 in fact as one is a limited edition)
Neo Geo Pocket (still have this)
Gamecube
PlayStation 2
Nintendo DS (still have this)
Playstation Portable (still have this)
Nintendo Wii (still have this)
XBox 360 (still have this)
PlayStation 3 (still have this)
Playstation Vita (still have this)
Nintendo 3DS (still have this)
XBox One (yeah still have this)

yeah I play A LOT of consoles - for the games - which is why I find rooting for a particular console/brand a terrible and stupid concept which I realised around the PS/Saturn era. If a system has the game I want to play, I saved the money to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back