PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Jan 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #721 of 1,094
Each has its strength. PS4 is definitely powerful and all the non-exclusives will go there; the xbox one's system actually impressed me (I detest Windows 8 yet I like the Win8-flavored Xbox os) and its controller is awesome; and the Wii U, well... After ZombiU nothing really has shown what the bad idea of a controller can be good for but anyway, even if it's gaining dust several weeks of the year, two words suffice for me: Mario and Zelda. HD. Enough said.

Pfft if your looking for something to play buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (if you couldn't tell I am a fan). If you get past the 50 hour or so learning curve (not entirely exaggerating on this either) then you are down for another 250 hours of fun. I spent 300 hours in that game without even having to learn it, and there were still 1 or 2 monsters I did not get around to killing. I could have easily spent another 100-200 hours if I wanted to complete all the online quests. The game is huge and Its basically a game were all you do is fight ridiculous boss battles. The online makes the game so much easier for newcomers as well.

I just wish capcom was not full of dumb people, and would import the 4th one already. It is just getting tiring not receiving these game by now. I swear ever since the early 2000's they decided they had a good run, and decided to screw everyone over.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #722 of 1,094
  Pfft if your looking for something to play buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (if you couldn't tell I am a fan). If you get past the 50 hour or so learning curve (not entirely exaggerating on this either) then you are down for another 250 hours of fun. I spent 300 hours in that game without even having to learn it, and there were still 1 or 2 monsters I did not get around to killing. I could have easily spent another 100-200 hours if I wanted to complete all the online quests. The game is huge and Its basically a game were all you do is fight ridiculous boss battles. The online makes the game so much easier for newcomers as well.

I just wish capcom was not full of dumb people, and would import the 4th one already. It is just getting tiring not receiving these game by now. I swear ever since the early 2000's they decided they had a good run, and decided to screw everyone over.

Two things that stuck me with this post:

1. A good game involves a 50 hour learning curve?
2. It's Capcom's fault that Nintendo didn't sell enough consoles to make it cost effective to port the game from 3DS to Wii U? I am not aware of a Monster Hunter 4 for Wii U anywhere to Import.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #723 of 1,094

Two things that stuck me with this post:

1. A good game involves a 50 hour learning curve?
2. It's Capcom's fault that Nintendo didn't sell enough consoles to make it cost effective to port the game from 3DS to Wii U? I am not aware of a Monster Hunter 4 for Wii U anywhere to Import.

1. Its kind of hard to explain. There is so much going on in the game that you almost have to play through a lot of hours before you even get ok at the game. You have to learn all the monsters animations and twitches to properly dodge them, or even to run off to drink a potion or sharpen your blade. On top of that it has a Dark Souls type clumsiness to it, which is supposed to be like that. If they changed that it would be your normal action adventure game, and would decrease the value of some weapon classes. The game is also wicked tough, most monsters kill you in a couple of hits. The battles can easily take up to 30 min if you do not know what your doing. Truly learning this game is like truly learning a fighting game or a shoot em up (not using all the continues in the world). 

You really have to get past all this, and when you do it is a truly enjoyable game. It is pretty much why you will never see a glowing review from a professional reviewer. If they do not play the game on their free time then they simply do not have enough hours to play through the game properly to do a review on it. 

Also another major problem is that the majority of the MH fans have put countless hours to learn its toughness. To make the game too easy now would be like stabbing those fans in the back. The game needs to be tough, otherwise its not MH. Which kind of puts the developers in an awkward position of how to make it easily accessible without ruining the experience for the fans who stick by the series.

2. I was talking about the 3DS version which has been out for like 6 months and they have yet to even confirm it was coming to the us yet. I was not talking about a port to the Wii U. The fans of the series have shown many times MH belongs here in the US but Capcom has yet to properly support it.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #724 of 1,094
  1. Its kind of hard to explain. There is so much going on in the game that you almost have to play through a lot of hours before you even get ok at the game. You have to learn all the monsters animations and twitches to properly dodge them, or even to run off to drink a potion or sharpen your blade. On top of that it has a Dark Souls type clumsiness to it, which is supposed to be like that. If they changed that it would be your normal action adventure game, and would decrease the value of some weapon classes. The game is also wicked tough, most monsters kill you in a couple of hits. The battles can easily take up to 30 min if you do not know what your doing. Truly learning this game is like truly learning a fighting game or a shoot em up (not using all the continues in the world). 

You really have to get past all this, and when you do it is a truly enjoyable game. It is pretty much why you will never see a glowing review from a professional reviewer. If they do not play the game on their free time then they simply do not have enough hours to play through the game properly to do a review on it. 

Also another major problem is that the majority of the MH fans have put countless hours to learn its toughness. To make the game too easy now would be like stabbing those fans in the back. The game needs to be tough, otherwise its not MH. Which kind of puts the developers in an awkward position of how to make it easily accessible without ruining the experience for the fans who stick by the series.

2. I was talking about the 3DS version which has been out for like 6 months and they have yet to even confirm it was coming to the us yet. I was not talking about a port to the Wii U. The fans of the series have shown many times MH belongs here in the US but Capcom has yet to properly support it.

Thanks for clearing all that up :)

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #726 of 1,094
i had both consoles but i ended up keeping the xbox one because it has better games at the moment. i will probably pick up a ps4 in a couple of years time but there is nothing i want to play on the ps4 in 2014.

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #729 of 1,094

I am sure. However I plan to play the master race version :).

I would hope you would do. If you can drop a grand on gaming consoles, you can build a much better gaming PC.

I have a gaming PC but my gamer's platform of choice is still the Playstation for its amazing exclusives so... It's more of an editing/working PC now :D

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #730 of 1,094
  I have a gaming PC but my gamer's platform of choice is still the Playstation for its amazing exclusives so... It's more of an editing/working PC now :D

That's not quite the same. You play those on the PS because you have no choice. If you play BF4, AC4, COD, or any other cross platform, do you play them on the PS4?

(NBA2K excluded, as that's a different and better game on the consoles)

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #731 of 1,094

That's not quite the same. You play those on the PS because you have no choice. If you play BF4, AC4, COD, or any other cross platform, do you play them on the PS4?

(NBA2K excluded, as that's a different and better game on the consoles)

I do... I dunno, it just feels different, like I am using the same 24" monitor for both my PC and consoles but... playing games on my PC.... I dunno, it feels weird for some reason.
Also, I am into trophies a lot so, that's partially to blame too.

Said that, I occasionally play games on the PC, but very rarely. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #732 of 1,094

I am sure. However I plan to play the master race version :).

I would hope you would do. If you can drop a grand on gaming consoles, you can build a much better gaming PC.

i am going to play it on the x1. i just prefer to play on consoles than pc. i  prefer to have a light and portable laptop to take to classes and a console to game on.

he pc version of titanfall will support 4k, so depending on your rig, you can make it look insanely good.

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #733 of 1,094

i am going to play it on the x1. i just prefer to play on consoles than pc. i  prefer to have a light and portable laptop to take to classes and a console to game on.

he pc version of titanfall will support 4k, so depending on your rig, you can make it look insanely good.

I have a rig that can play it at 4K, but I don't have a 4K monitor yet. When a 4K G-Sync is released, I will buy it.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #734 of 1,094

I have a rig that can play it at 4K, but I don't have a 4K monitor yet. When a 4K G-Sync is released, I will buy it.

Your specs man?
:D I am curios how far behind I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back