PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Nov 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #481 of 1,094
  You must remember the days of the spectrum Amstrad and commodore 64 when you had to pray for the games to load in!

lol, Amstrad... wow.

I got my first PC in 1981, and then the PCjr when it came out, so I skipped all the commodore type stuff. Didn't own an Apple product until 2007 either. If I could do it all over again, I would have liked to have owned an Amiga in it's prime. Those were nice systems.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #482 of 1,094
  I never did that... It was in the trailer but not in the game.
I am not into brutality either and I don't think this game is nearly as brutal as you think it is.
You should at least try the demo :]

Agree'd I'm not a fan of Brutality either tons of gorgeous jRpgs on the PS3 I need to play! 

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #483 of 1,094
  I never did that... It was in the trailer but not in the game.
I am not into brutality either and I don't think this game is nearly as brutal as you think it is.
You should at least try the demo :]

Good to know. I think I will pick a copy up and give it a shot.

Put it on my stack of games I need to finish (working on AC4 atm) :)

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #484 of 1,094
  Good to know. I think I will pick a copy up and give it a shot.

Put it on my stack of games I need to finish (working on AC4 atm) :)

Tell me about it! There are like 10 more games I wanna finish this gen :D
Not sure if I'll manage.... oh, well :]

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #485 of 1,094
I went PS4 prefer gaming focus and more powerful hardware, getting it on Friday for UK release date.

Just got a Startech 3.5mm 4pin male to 2 x 3.5mm female splitter so I can use my Senn 650s (with Fio amp) with a Zalman MC1 mic. 

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #486 of 1,094
FWIW, XBone xclusive games are being plugged more heavily on Oz TV - at least from what I've seen across our relatively small number of commercial channels - than the PS4 games. In eye-candy terms, they beat the hell out of the ads for dog food and lady products.  :wink:

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #487 of 1,094
  FWIW, XBone xclusive games are being plugged more heavily on Oz TV - at least from what I've seen across our relatively small number of commercial channels - than the PS4 games. In eye-candy terms, they beat the hell out of the ads for dog food and lady products.  :wink:

Microsoft put such a huge marketing budget for the XBone, it's insane.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #488 of 1,094
Honestly I'm not digging what Microsoft has done with the Xbox One. I loved the 360 to death and was completely turned off by their horrid E3 conference/presentation. Comes with Kinect, 24 hour check in, always online, no used games... Those really ticked me off. They may have back peddled but the damage is still done. Sorry Microshaft, but you've lost me. 

Now with all the reposts of defective units and such, it really makes me think they rushed this system out the door. Have you heard how the system's optical drive malfunctions and eats discs? The system even has PSU issue that cause capacitors to pop and smoke on the system.

Nah son, I'm good. I got my trusty: PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, PSP, PS Vita, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Light, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, DS, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, 32X, Sega CD, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Colecovision, Intellivision, and more.. yes I have them all...

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #490 of 1,094
I want an XBox One, but really, I play most of the new games on PC anyways, and PS4 has me on it's exclusives. I won't be using the PS4 much either, asides from exclusives and certain FPS games, which I feel I'd be more competitive on PS4 due to being a controller guy, not a K&M guy.

Steam gaming is where it's at, due to the constant deals. I basically buy games at the price I used to rent them for on consoles.

To be honest, I'm starting to get more excited about the Steam boxes coming.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #491 of 1,094
I want an XBox One, but really, I play most of the new games on PC anyways, and PS4 has me on it's exclusives. I won't be using the PS4 much either, asides from exclusives and certain FPS games, which I feel I'd be more competitive on PS4 due to being a controller guy, not a K&M guy.

Steam gaming is where it's at, due to the constant deals. I basically buy games at the price I used to rent them for on consoles.

To be honest, I'm starting to get more excited about the Steam boxes coming.

I'm starting to hate Steam. It doesn't mesh well with my uncontrollable desire to buy everything on sale.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #492 of 1,094
It's diabolical, really. I'm like... "I'LL NEVER PLAY THROUGH THE GAME.... BUT IT'S $5, GET IT NAO, I MIGHT PLAY IT EVENTUALLY..."

:frowning2:

I've bought some truly amazing games like Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, DMC, Bioshock infinite, Binary Domain, etc, for less than $10. Paired with the fact my laptop can run games as good if not better than the PS4... it just makes sense to get them on Steam... for MUCH cheaper. Right now, Need For Speed Rivals is going for $30 on Steam... while it's still $50 or higher on PS4/XB1. That game JUST came out...

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #493 of 1,094
Sleeping Dogs

I'm still trying to decide on getting that. It's $5 right now, and I love open world games, but my endless backlog means I won't even get around to it for a while...
Edit: Just bought it. My wallet can't handle this... I'm probably going to spend $100 by the end of the week.

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #494 of 1,094
that game is amazing. I have never been into open world games. I got to play the game for free on the PS3, and I fell in love enough to rebuy for PC and play through it a second time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back