PS3 is very strong amp and dac. drive my m50 to crazy volumn.
Feb 25, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 38

Quote:
I' ve never seen a headphone jack from a tv set. Most current Tvs have 3 to 4 HDMI input ports and and one Optical ouptut for audio output / or one HDMI ouput. I do not see how you connect your cans to these output.

If you use the HDMI ouput of the PS3 then the D/A conversion has nothing to do with the PS3 dacs. HDMI send only digital signals out to your Tv set in binary coding 00s/01s then your TV dacs will convert the digital signals back to analogue so human ears can hear.

You confuse the hell out of me.

Look above he states that the he is using a pc monitor. The PC monitor does have a normal headphone jack and HDMI in, and we have all established that it is the monitors amp/dac that he is enjoying and not the ps3's

Feb 26, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #17 of 38
At first, I think he might using years old laptop which has some poor quality soundcard.
After some search, I have found out that his laptop using some realtek chip soundcard, which i assume wasn't that bad.
So i think the OP misunderstood about being loud = good sound quality .....LOL

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #18 of 38
Need a new solution. Changing volumn from monitor is very inconvinece !!!!. I hate it. Thinking of Ouputing ps3 audio signal to my M50 in other ways. From either the white/red audio cable or optic . Any possible solution for that? Or product link. cheaper the better. 

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #19 of 38
well the most common solution is the astro mixamp which will let you use the optical out on ps3 but that will run you around 150$ USD. A cheaper solution is the Turtle Beach DSS which is about half the cost of the mixamp. Of course you could use a DAC/AMP with an optical input as well.

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #20 of 38
I thought about DAC/AMP that accept optic input. Fiio E7 seems the lowest end for that which 99 dollars. Should I just get E5 and input it with white/red audio cable and plug in my m50 ?

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #26 of 38
Stole my dad's abundunt stereo receiver . ( he has like 7 recievers). It looks like made in 80s. crap, it works like a charm. nothing beat it in loudness. the bass is also got crazier. some photos guys. I am very excited.

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #28 of 38

Quote:
Stole my dad's abundunt stereo receiver . ( he has like 7 recievers). It looks like made in 80s. crap, it works like a charm. nothing beat it in loudness. the bass is also got crazier. some photos guys. I am very excited.

Please let me have you Dad's phone #. I need to have a talk to him since you are heading into a hobby that will empty your wallet.
biggrin.gif

I have a Turtle Beach Micro II unused. If you need one, PM me your address , I' ll send you one free of charge.

Now, you Dad's cell # please.

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #29 of 38
If only the Dac in it wasent a pile of crap :/

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #30 of 38

Quote:
Please let me have you Dad's phone #. I need to have a talk to him since you are heading into a hobby that will empty your wallet.
biggrin.gif

I have a Turtle Beach Micro II unused. If you need one, PM me your address , I' ll send you one free of charge.

Now, you Dad's cell # please.

This is just creepy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back