PS Audio Sprout - Live on Kickstarter
Aug 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 46
Aug 15, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 46
I was tempted, but was kinda baffled with the corney and dumbed-down "as seen on tv" marketing... maybe it was tongue and check humor, but it was lost on me.

That said, I will be keeping an eye out. I love my GCHA, and if it's basically a speaker amp with a series of resistors, then it's bound to sound great with planars.

Make sure you post impressions!

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #7 of 46
I was tempted, but was kinda baffled with the corney and dumbed-down "as seen on tv" marketing... maybe it was tongue and check humor, but it was lost on me.

"Stereo power Amplifier 4Ω 50W (drives any size speakers)"

Eh, seems a bit optimistic, no?

Their video showing the Sprout "driving" Infinity IRS V speakers is stunningly disingenuous as well, as they don't bother to mention that the huge woofer towers are driven by a separate 2000 watt amplfier.  Pass..

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #8 of 46
"Stereo power Amplifier 4Ω 50W (drives any size speakers)"

Eh, seems a bit optimistic, no?

Their video showing the Sprout "driving" Infinity IRS V speakers is stunningly disingenuous as well, as they don't bother to mention that the huge woofer towers are driven by a separate 2000 watt amplfier.  Pass..

That's no more than they demand of any "high end" amps they use on that system. To be honest, if you believed a little box like the Sprout could drive 2 6woofer towers AND the 8ft tall ribbon panels, idk what to tell you. Lol I'm eagerly awaiting mine for my smaller bedroom setup. I'll leave impressions after delivery and a little break in

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #9 of 46
The reality is that 25w to 50w will power a large majority of speakers to more than respectable listening levels. I drove some bookshelf speakers with a 3w miniwatt amp for a few years in my office and it was more power than I ever needed. I plan to use the sprout in my office with headphones and bookshelf speakers and I have no doubt it will perform in this scenario. 

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #15 of 46
subbed

Looks to be a nice device, are there alternatives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back