Props to Bose
Jun 10, 2008 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

dosquito

100+ Head-Fier
After hearing that Bose will replace broken QC2's, I sent them an email complaining about how easily the band broke.

They emailed me back asking for the serial #.

After I gave it to them, they told me that the warranty was expired...but that THEY WOULD REPLACE THE QC2's with case and adapters for only $50.

Now that is a great deal, considering they sell on ebay for >$200 easily.

I couldn't find all my accessories, so I emailed them back and they said don't worry about it! Although I am missing the extension cord and the dual adapter, they are STILL giving me a whole new package for $50.

Now respect Bose products or not, that is great customer service.

PS: these were my sisters, but I used them for a while before I got my hd485.

Time for me to sell these pups on ebay and get some real headphones
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosquito /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Time for me to sell these pups on ebay and get some real headphones
evil_smiley.gif

Good man. If you get $200 that will buy something very nice.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 21
Bose customer support is truly superb. I emailed them about a problem with my IE earbuds and they paid for overnight shipping to them and overnighted a brand new pair back to me, all without a receipt. After dealing with B.S. from Xin etc. I will happily pay more (much more) for a product from a company that treats me well. Love 'em or hate 'em, Bose does not screw their customers...

Drew

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 21
Bose's reputation among non-audiophiles is truly stratospheric, thanks to their marketing tactics and their second-to-none customer service. I recall seeing a customer satisfaction survey a while back on Gizmodo. Bose was number one by a loooooong shot.

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #6 of 21
Most people who are not audophiles dont have the BEST reference for high quality audio, and dont have a good "gauge" for price-to-performance. Sicne most people just use Sony Clip Ons (or related products), an upgrade to Triports is like a Civic to a Lexus.

Since Bose seems to have sweet marketing, they have a good deal of the market with their cans.

I can also argue that many of the Audio Technica headphones are overpriced (at least on audiocubes.com, I havent referenced their prices to many others.)

My SJ3's are DEFINITELY not worth $55 (which I paid) and my A700's are probably worth around 100-115 rather than 130. Just my personal opinion.

Back on topic....if they have great customer service, take advantage of it and get some real good cans. Sennheiser also has a good 2 year warranty that I have yet to hear many bad things about.

When I buy a product, I always get the highest quality product, I dont believe in marketing crappy products that are extremely overpriced, just to make more money. But when a company has extremely good customer service, I tend to help them out. When I have a computer problem, and my call gets sent to india where the person on the other line cant understand me and I cant understand him, I have a problem. I have nothing against outsourcing, but I do have something about doing a crappy job of it.

If they give you a $200 product for $50 more power to them.

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enough about Bose.

What are you going to buy with that $200?

Most likely an HD595...but the more I think about it it is going to drive me insane that it's not an HD580...and the HD580 is more easily upgradeable...then I will have to get an amp too.
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

I'm curious, does the $50 replacement phones come with full warranty?

1 year

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enough about Bose.

What are you going to buy with that $200?

yeah, any thoughts?

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #12 of 21
One of my friends used Customer Service as an argument when I asked him why he bought the Bose IEM's. He said "if something goes wrong, I will just take it to the store here and throw it at their face, tell me if I can do that with Sennheisers?".

I didnt have much of a come back since I had just experienced horrible customer service from sennheiser who sent me wrong replacement pads three times and it took 5 months for that, and they never did send me the correct ones in the end.

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 21
Koss has a better guarantee. Life time, no questions asked. Most of their headphones aren't that great, but they're not priced like Bose either. I'm sure Bose beats them in noise canceling.

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sackynut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sicne most people just use Sony Clip Ons (or related products), an upgrade to Triports is like a Civic to a Lexus.

Lol, a Lexus, that's a joke, right?
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, a Lexus, that's a joke, right?
tongue.gif

Comparing Sony clip ons to a Civic is a joke as well. Civics are nice cars.

It's more like a Kia to a Taraus. Cheap thing to big, comfy, blah thing. Although the Taraus was never over priced like Bose.

Edit: Actually, Kias are probably too good for this analogy to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back