PROPOSAL: The metric system
Feb 3, 2003 at 6:09 AM Post #76 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
It seems that the only people who prefer the imperial system are the ones that neve rlives with the Metric system. Where those that have lived with both (ie, me), would tell you that the Metric system make so much more sense. Where the scale for the imperial system seems random and made up on the spot.

How is my weight made up on the spot? Or my height? Yes its true, i don't have much experience with the metric system and i imagine most folks outside the states don't have much, if any, experience with our system.

Feb 3, 2003 at 7:05 AM Post #77 of 109
If we are expected to know what in inch is, then is it too much to expect that Imperial users will show us the same curtesy and know what a cm?
Too many times I have to convert Metric into Imperial for others who don't know what I'm on about - my Ti86 is within arm's reach so I can work out what 1lb equals, so why can't others do the same?
That's all everyone asks (Imperial or Metric users) I'm sure.

Go Metric!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2003 at 7:08 AM Post #78 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by Mystyler
If we are expected to know what in inch is, then is it too much to expect that Imperial users will show us the same curtesy and know what a cm?

yes...yes it is.

Down with metric!!!

Feb 3, 2003 at 7:44 AM Post #79 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
There is a usefull small program called Convert.exe (548kb more or less) that will be very helpful in convert anything into equivalents, it has 23 categories of dimmensions and in each category, all the dimension units to convert, on the other column you choose the unit target and that's it, very simple, type the amount and you are ready to work.....

Convert is the program I use. I got it a few months ago because of this forum.

The Imperieal blah....english system of weights and measures is only difficult to those of you who have not grown up with it. I think that our system is better only because it makes peoples minds work more, which in turn makes your mind stronger, which makes you stronger and therefore makes the whole country stronger. So, therefore if we were to qute using the Imperial system of weights and measures we would began a downward spiral in to weakness which would allow us to be overrun by The Dutch! or some other Nancy Boy country. SO now you know why we stick with our arcane sytem of weights and measures.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Lets not forget that bra sizes are done by letter (OBR) how do you convert those to the metric system? Oh wait, I just did..... maybe we should use the metric system there since 36D becomes a 91.4D that just sounds bigger, and we all know that bigger is better.
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2003 at 2:23 PM Post #80 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
arf arf

flasken, the only thing that distinguishes your personality more than naivety is ignorance.

Oh, you're so brave!

Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
You tell us how to express our measurements, then ask me what right I have to post a message and I'm the one who acts like I own Head-Fi? As for being annoying...

I've had enough of your hollow arguments!! Stop pretending that you're stupid.. You know damn well I wasn't attacking your right to post, I was merely questioning the reason for your childish outburst..

Now, If you think you're capable of it, would you PLEASE explain to me why "Flasken should should be responded to more harshly in general".
Please.

- And the fact that you're obviously holding some sort of pointless grudge against me is NOT a good reason .

Feb 3, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #81 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD

Besides, how much is a kilogram?
very_evil_smiley.gif

A Kilogram of what??
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2003 at 3:19 PM Post #82 of 109
I use the Southern system.

"right thar" < "over thar" < "way over thar" < "over yonder" < "way over yonder" < "that a'way"

really simple actually. Weight is measured in terms of 12 packs, as is speed (how many 12 packs befor eyou can't drive that fast).

Feb 3, 2003 at 3:43 PM Post #83 of 109
LOL, I would like to throw my support behind the Southern system.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2003 at 4:04 PM Post #84 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
"right thar" < "over thar" < "way over thar" < "over yonder" < "way over yonder" < "that a'way"
[/B

Translation please.

Feb 3, 2003 at 5:35 PM Post #86 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
I use the Southern system.

really simple actually. Weight is measured in terms of 12 packs, as is speed (how many 12 packs befor eyou can't drive that fast).

May I add these?

A tad, a titch, and "about yay far"

Feb 3, 2003 at 5:39 PM Post #87 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
May I add these?

A tad, a titch, and "about yay far"

No you may not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back