PROPOSAL: The metric system
Feb 2, 2003 at 11:34 PM Post #61 of 109
So you were trolling then. Very nice.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #62 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
Sorry, I did not meant it as an offence. I was just saying that sometimes age gets the better of us. And perhaps it got the best of me, thingking I am a know-it-all adult defending a kid. Actually, I did not like the way you were "invited" to leave and I believed my arguments would be fair and all this crap would be avoided. I for one enjoy your posts and like to see you around. I am sorry if I implied something totally different. Seriously.

Hey, I like being defended, one way or the other. Can't complain about that.
wink.gif
I actually percieved your posts as very kind ones.

Kindness > harsness, so thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2003 at 11:37 PM Post #63 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
So you were trolling then. Very nice.
rolleyes.gif

Lol, I guess I should've added a smiley after the part about the "punishment" in my original post.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #65 of 109
Though I've been following this facken' thread and watching it turn into a pile of sh@t, I've almost completely converted to the metric system (I only use the 'imperial' system for clarification purposes when describing weights and measurements to other people). And I was educated to use metric measurements when I went to school years ago.

Feb 3, 2003 at 12:06 AM Post #66 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
The metric system is a communist plot...it was originally launched to preoccupy Americans with conversion from familiar measures. As soon as we weren't looking, that's when they'd have us.

Fortunately, it never worked out. Just imagine how different things would have been if the Ruskies had invaded Montana (line in that moronic Red Dawn movie with Charlie Sheen). Think that HeadRoom would be making headphone amps? More like shortwave radios for the people's army!!

We should all thank our lucky stars that the metric system never caught on.
biggrin.gif

ATTENTION: ANY GOOF (there appear to be a couple of you) WHO THOUGHT THAT THIS POST WAS SERIOUS!!

Please take note of the following:

1) Smiley face at the end. This is indicative of a post that was made at least to some extent in jest.

2) Please note the premise of the whole post - Ruskies taking over Montana, and forcing HeadRoom to make something other than headphone amps. Anyone here think that we'd have bigger troubles than headphone amps if the US were invaded?

3) Anyone who really thinks that even your atypical American thinks this way has a comic-book view of Americans. The imperial vs metric system is the least of your worries

PLEASE get a SENSE OF HUMOR!!!
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #67 of 109
Please note smiley face at end of last post....

Feb 3, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #68 of 109
Quote:

amen

Feb 3, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #69 of 109
Quote:

3) Anyone who really thinks that even your atypical American thinks this way has a comic-book view of Americans. The imperial vs metric system is the least of your worries

mad.gif

biggrin.gif

LOL, please note what i'm known for above my avatar
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2003 at 2:53 AM Post #70 of 109
It seems that the only people who prefer the imperial system are the ones that neve rlives with the Metric system. Where those that have lived with both (ie, me), would tell you that the Metric system make so much more sense. Where the scale for the imperial system seems random and made up on the spot.

Feb 3, 2003 at 3:06 AM Post #71 of 109
There is a usefull small program called Convert.exe (548kb more or less) that will be very helpful in convert anything into equivalents, it has 23 categories of dimmensions and in each category, all the dimension units to convert, on the other column you choose the unit target and that's it, very simple, type the amount and you are ready to work.....

Feb 3, 2003 at 4:52 AM Post #72 of 109
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
What gives you the right to say that? Who do you think you are? You think you own head-fi, and it's getting really annoying.

kelly, why the hell do you HAVE to step into every single civilized online conversation at head-fi and make it into a fight? Now you've ruined this thread and changed it to yet another battleground of yours.. sigh.

You tell us how to express our measurements, then ask me what right I have to post a message and I'm the one who acts like I own Head-Fi? As for being annoying...

This thread could not be ruined. It began idiotic. You invited public criticism by making a public post.

Arf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back