Proper way to burn in the ATH-M50
Nov 5, 2010 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

pclov3r

100+ Head-Fier
Thank you head-fi community for suggestion the ATH-M50 to me. I just got it through UPS today and love it so far.

What is the best way to burn it in? Right now I'm just doing it by playing bass heavy music Have done that for a few hours now.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 13
Most people just play music slightly louder than their ears can handle then stuff the headset under a pillow a walk away.  Let it like that for about a day and it should be much better.  Or you could just listen and enjoy and it will burn in eventually through regular use.  

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 13

Quote:
Most people just play music slightly louder than their ears can handle then stuff the headset under a pillow a walk away.  Let it like that for about a day and it should be much better.  Or you could just listen and enjoy and it will burn in eventually through regular use.  

beyersmile.png

Yeah, pretty much right. Most would say (have said) 25 - 50 hours till it levels off. But I would play all kinds of music, not just bass-heavy.

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 13
The best to me is to just listen to them regularly
wink.gif
The M50 shouldn't take that long to burn in. 

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 13
Nov 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 13
This is an update.

From day one until now They sound even better. I cant stop talking about them.

My only compliant right now is the highs can be a bit to high on some songs. I bet that can be fixed by the EQ and just turning it down a bit.

And thanks to you my mom is pissed at me that I cant hear her
dt880smile.png

Nov 8, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
This is an update.

From day one until now They sound even better. I cant stop talking about them.

My only compliant right now is the highs can be a bit to high on some songs. I bet that can be fixed by the EQ and just turning it down a bit.

And thanks to you my mom is pissed at me that I cant hear her
dt880smile.png

I got a local kid into headphones and sold him my older ones, his mom was so happy he sold his stereo system. ;P She could be more pissed and should be grateful your not wasiting your money on a full stereo system.

Nov 8, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #10 of 13
Whatever burn in occurs, you ears will not be able to detect. (fractions of db if any)

psychoacoustic burn in happens only whilst wearing the headphones....

In other words, enjoy them and forget about the mumbo jumbo!

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #13 of 13
the sales guy at bay bloor radio in toronto suggested i plug my headphones into a receiver and put on some classical or jazz (this was for my grado 325is), so that's what i did and it worked great! using a receiver works well because you don't have to leave your computer running all night, that fan can get loud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back