Promising new portable headphone amp (Mobile Icon) from NuForce
Dec 10, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #91 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any word on how this compares to say a Move 2 - using both the dac and amp (to drive a beyer 770 with some extra impedance)?

I am gonna say (before my full review is done) that based on how it sounds vs my D2 Boa and Meier Headsix, with the more forward mids the Nuforce is closer to the 2MOVE that I borrowed from Skylab months ago than it is to the D2 Boa (Headsix is forward like 2MOVE but not as open or spacious as 2MOVE or Nuforce).

I can see myself using the Nuforce more than the D2 Boa, and I haven't used the Headsix for months since I put my Predator with my 3G Nano instead of the Headsix or Tomahawk. I have mostly been using the Nuforce with NE-7M, Westone 3 and ATH-ESW10 on my Macbook for the past 9 days, and they all sound good with the Nuforce.

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #93 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by busyx2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Japanese site has a nice set of pictures, including the circuit board of Icon Mobile:

スパイラル物置: NuForce Icon Mobile

Ouch, why did they need to pull up that capacitor.. fragile
ph34r.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #96 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far at 145+ hours it is a little more forward than the Lyrix (like the Headsix), and the DAC is a little more detailed and airy as well. I am probably going to give my Lyrix to my son or to p0wderh0und23 who I just loaned it to.

If I were you I would give the Lyrix and sf5pro to your brother as planned, and replace them with the Nuforce and Westone 3 which mate well together.
icon10.gif

Well I'm waiting on my paypal to transfer funds into my bank account so I can pick up an icon mobile, but it looks like by the time I get my money into my account(paypal estimates saturday), they may be sold out. (only 1 unit left in stock on their site) Oh well a little bit of patience goes a long way right?
popcorn.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #98 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I'm waiting on my paypal to transfer funds into my bank account so I can pick up an icon mobile, but it looks like by the time I get my money into my account(paypal estimates saturday), they may be sold out. (only 1 unit left in stock on their site) Oh well a little bit of patience goes a long way right?
popcorn.gif

If your looking at Amazon, The "1 Availlable" only means that there is one seller who has it. It's not necessarily the number in stock

Amazon.com: Used and New: NuForce Icon Mobile headphone amplifier and USB DAC (silver color)

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #99 of 486
Don't forget, these don't sound so great the first 6 hours of burn-in, but get better and sound good by 24 hours, and from that point on till between 120-200 hours when it is pretty much done.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #100 of 486
Silver Icon Mobile has sold out. We might have a few for sale on Dec 15. The GOOD NEWS is that by Dec 19, we will have RED (Ferrari Red, different from Icon red), BLUE (same as Icon blue), SILVER and BLACK Icon Mobile available. We will start to take pre-order on Dec 15. Even if you choose standard shipping, we'll ship all USA orders during the week of Dec 19 by US Post Office 2 day priority mail.

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #101 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuforce-jason /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silver Icon Mobile has sold out. We might have a few for sale on Dec 15. The GOOD NEWS is that by Dec 19, we will have RED (Ferrari Red, different from Icon red), BLUE (same as Icon blue), SILVER and BLACK Icon Mobile available. We will start to take pre-order on Dec 15. Even if you choose standard shipping, we'll ship all USA orders during the week of Dec 19 by US Post Office 2 day priority mail.

When do we get to see pictures of the new colors? The 15th as well?

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #102 of 486
Dec 11, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #103 of 486
the icon mobile looks good but the sound is always the major issue. anyone has tried the icon mobile with sf5pro or akg530? do they go along well?

i am planning to get a dac+amp for these two. ipod classic and my pc will be my sources. usually i use the sf5pro+ipod for outdoor and the akg530+pc for home use.

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #105 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuforce-jason /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have any pictures of the different colored amps yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back