Promising new portable headphone amp (Mobile Icon) from NuForce
May 23, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #482 of 486

Quote:
would this amp improve the kick and quality of iems through a sansa fuze

As long as you use an LOD. Didn't do any better through the headphone out of my Zen, but at the time I got it more for my laptop. Using my JLab J3's, with the Zen's HP out bass was bloated; with my Vaio it was outright distorted; and with the iPod the bass is better controlled but more recessed with the treble getting a bit sybillant.

Honestly though, for $99 it's jsut about a fair price, considering you get a DAC, a decent enough amp, and a small form factor. BUT if the form factor isn't an issue or plus for you there are better amps out there. Might be overkill for lower-tier single driver IEMs but at least they're more useful with bigger cans.

May 23, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #483 of 486
Fuze LODs are rarer than Diamonds found in the busy streets of a major city

I prefer an amp as small as possible.  I was looking at this pico slim, but its still too big. They only made it skinnier lol...I want is generally small but able to power most anything from a fuze.

asking too much, I know :[

May 23, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #484 of 486
I have the NuForce Icon Mobile,Sansa Fuze with LOD,NuForce NE-8 iems and JH-13 monitors.

This amp makes only a small difference in signal with the NE-8s,somewhat more with the JH-13s,via the Sansa LOD vs.the HO of the Fuze.

More of a convenience factor,in that the volume control is taken off the Sansa wheel and diverted to the volume wheel on the side of the Nuforce amp.

Like others have said,it is a cheap,almost disposable dac/amp,perfect for a laptop USB and a line out to the aux input of your vehicle stereo.

Ditto for the Sansa Fuze,as far as amping the signal to your vehicle/cottage stereo,which is where the Fuze is lacking.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/479565/clip-x-fuze-see-my-options-and-help-me#post_6511117

I am on the short list for the Pico Slim and hope for much more performance/control with my earphones.

May 23, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #485 of 486

Quote:
Fuze LODs are rarer than Diamonds found in the busy streets of a major city

I prefer an amp as small as possible.  I was looking at this pico slim, but its still too big. They only made it skinnier lol...I want is generally small but able to power most anything from a fuze.

asking too much, I know :[

Just surf the web for 'em, or some DIY several units and sell here. Thing is, if it's the form factor that's important, I say skip the amp unless you're using an iPod, because tendency is most LODs being sold are overkill. Even with a low-profile dock connector, most often there's a huge 3.5mm on the other end. That's great with, say, a CMOY, but not with a low-pro amp. That's why I stick to my Fiio LOD, cheap as it is, it's the most functional. I've seen a lot of system pics where there's way too much stress on the slim amp's input jack, what with a 3.5mm plug thicker than the amp.

If Fiio comes up with a Sansa LOD, or you come across anything of comparable size, get that one.

May 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #486 of 486
http://www.soundguidance.elementfx.com

Good products.  I've been using this LOD with my Fuze the last few months and am really enjoying it.  I tried a LOD from a different supplier with less than stellar results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back