Project Ember Review
Dec 17, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #796 of 1,366
:D Exactly!!

I must admit, I take care with reading of reviews, but unfortunately, over the years it cost me dearly!! Once a few hundred pounds or perhaps more like thousands, go out the window, you start to hold back before jumping in? It's an expensive lesson.

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #797 of 1,366
Hello from another Ember new owner. I bought it from another headfier who was generous to include several tubes with it.

I've been playing with it for the last 5 days, and the only thing I can say is it exceeded my expectation. This is exactly the type of sound I wanted, and changing the sound signature with rolling tubes is fun.

I've listened to a few expensive amps like WA2 for example, that's how I decided to buy a tube amp and had the Ember in my wish list. I wanted to buy a pair of HD650 first but I couldn't miss the opportunity.

Now I have it hooked into my ODAC/O2 and enjoy it with my Fidelio X2, Denon AH-MM400, and Focal Spirit Classic.

I'll post some first impressions on tubes in the tube rolling thread.

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #798 of 1,366
Hello from another Ember new owner. I bought it from another headfier who was generous to include several tubes with it.

I've been playing with it for the last 5 days, and the only thing I can say is it exceeded my expectation. This is exactly the type of sound I wanted, and changing the sound signature with rolling tubes is fun.

I've listened to a few expensive amps like WA2 for example, that's how I decided to buy a tube amp and had the Ember in my wish list. I wanted to buy a pair of HD650 first but I couldn't miss the opportunity.

Now I have it hooked into my ODAC/O2 and enjoy it with my Fidelio X2, Denon AH-MM400, and Focal Spirit Classic.

I'll post some first impressions on tubes in the tube rolling thread.

Welcome to the Ember family

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #799 of 1,366
Checking to see Fostex TH-900 headphones synergy with Ember II, given the low impedance of these phones would be great to hear back if there are any noise issues as well.

I am sure some tubes will bring more noise than others, looking for some tubes folks have settled for these phones as well.

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #800 of 1,366
I mentioned this a couple pages ago. I did not experience the TH-X00 out of Ember without a very noticeable noise floor. The noise is tube dependent, but most people have not experienced the Fostex TH series on Ember without noise.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #801 of 1,366
I have the Ember I and Polaris. If I use the th900 with the Ember, I do hear the noise floor with an Orange Globe tube. The Polaris is quieter. Noise is just about there perhaps, if you hold your breath and keep very still!

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #804 of 1,366
Weird...my polaris is dead quiet with the d2000 which are 25ohm I believe.

You have to hold your breath and don't blink! :wink:

In fact, Polaris is very quiet. If you plug and unplug with no music, you might 'just' hear something.

I'm trying to be nit picky here, because there's bound to be a twenty year old with bat's hearing who will tell me how wrong I am. Also, old boys who tell me I'm telling porkies!!

It's barely anything to worry about and is also linked to the sensitivity of the headphone, not just impedance, I think.

Now,don't go listening for it. It's bad for your mental health. :p

Dec 26, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #805 of 1,366
This forum and this thread have been a haven for me, so thank you everyone for your submissions. Life has been particularly difficult over the last few months but fortunately my music, equipment and fellow soul mates (you folks) have allowed me a pleasurable escape from reality when time permits. Thanks.

Dec 26, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #806 of 1,366
Alot of us are suffering some way or another and I think sharing ones time helps to allivaiate the paie for a while.  Good luck and keep posting, be needed even in just ask advice.

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #807 of 1,366
What tube does the Ember II come with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back