Prog rock
Feb 12, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #3,946 of 4,503
Thanks for this follow up info. I downloaded the app to my MacBook, went to go purchase the digital download, but the app states that the "digital album not available for purchase on this device." I guess I can't win. My MacBook is where I keep my music library and all my FLAC and ALAC files. The album seems to be available as a high-res digital download, but not to my MacBook for some reason. Looks like if I want this album, I'll have to get it on CD.
??? I’ve never heard of this happening but must admit that I’ve only tried digital downloads twice with my MacBook Pro. I wonder if they have some kind of DRM thing going? It would be a good question to ask to either Bandcamp or Mac technical support. It’s frustrating- many times on Qobuz you’ll find a title that you want to check out but when you select a song from it a pop up tells you “the record label doesn’t allow streaming of this title” (or something along those lines). I don’t get it.

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #3,947 of 4,503
Feb 12, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #3,948 of 4,503
Thank you - I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this. From this link, we see that Apple doesn't allow direct downloading. Very odd, because I download high-res audio files from Quobuz and Pro Studio Masters to my MacBook. It looks like band camp wants you to use their app to listen, which is likely not lossless audio. It's OK, I can likely just purchase the CD and save it to my music library.

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #3,951 of 4,503
Tonight we roll back to 1999 with a classic symphonic progressive release- definitely a must listen!
Now Playing:
Nexus- Detras Del Umbral (oh- vocals are in Spanish)

cover_31232072017_r.jpg

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #3,952 of 4,503
Tonight we roll back to 1999 with a classic symphonic progressive release- definitely a must listen!
Now Playing:
Nexus- Detras Del Umbral (oh- vocals are in Spanish)

cover_31232072017_r.jpg
Thanks,

1st track, El despertar, is awesome. And Bandcamp has their albuns extensivelly!!
Now playing the 4th track. This gonna be the end of me... or my hard disk's... :L3000:

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #3,953 of 4,503
Bandcamp update (for those interested in purchasing/downloading).

I used the web and not the app, to set up a new account. I bought the Albion Lakesongs digital album, and after the purchase, I was brought to a page that allowed me to select the download format I wanted (I chose FLAC) and downloaded to my laptop. From there, I put the album (24/48 resolution) into my Collibri media player.

So far, so good! @rids57 @Designsfx -Appreciate the guidance from you guys helping me through this.

Feb 15, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #3,954 of 4,503
The God Shaped Void (2020) by Psychotic Waltz - bought the CD off Amazon back in 2020 after @YtseJamer posted a couple of YouTube tracks off it - it's really good progressive metal. Sadly it's not available on Bandcamp which is probably a relief to wallets BUT their four earlier studio albums are on there. I'm contemplating getting them from Bandcamp but I need to do a lot of listening first because although it's the original lineup on this album, there is a 23 year gap between albums 4 and 5.
ps. All of their studio albums are available on Amazon Music Unlimited, so I assume they will be on the others too.

thegodshapedvoid.jpg

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #3,956 of 4,503

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #3,958 of 4,503
Spent the night playing the four earlier Psychotic Waltz albums and woe is my Bandcamp spending this month.

1) A Social Grace (1990) - A bit rough and ready but the building blocks are there
2) Into The Everflow (1992) - much smoother and improved songwriting
3) Mosquito (1994) - Huge improvement in everything, this is a really good album
4) Bleeding (1996) - Exceptional album and just as good as their latest, The God Shaped Void, just a terrible shame that they went silent for 23 years.

Off to have a listen to the new Aristocrats album, I bought that without listening, it's quality guaranteed - it's been an expensive night on Bandcamp

Feb 16, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #3,959 of 4,503
Off to have a listen to the new Aristocrats album, I bought that without listening, it's quality guaranteed - it's been an expensive night on Bandcamp
Bought! Now to run it through PGGB scaler to wring out all the goodness. Love these guys. Bryan Beller’s - Scenes From The Flood is a favorite album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back