Prog rock
Oct 3, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #587 of 4,573
That is exactly my second opinion. A good rock album but not progressive. I had a similar reaction to the the last Riverside album 'Love, Fear and The Time Machine'.

Speaking of Riverside, I really like what was posted earlier here which reminds me of a track that I liked from that album: Machines.
I like this space rocky / ambient / organic electro :)

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #588 of 4,573
  Does Akerfeldt sing all the songs as with the last 2 records or is there some cookie monster stuff as previous?

No cookie monster on Sorceress :)

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #590 of 4,573
defectoexcluded.jpg

Dont know much prog it is, always had difficulty arranging the metal I like to listen to into categories

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #591 of 4,573
The new Insomnium is really good :evil:

The new Insomnium is really good :evil:

Insomnium new one is out???

Love those guys. Like a lot. Last album will be hard to follow though.

Yes and I think it's my album of the year :wink:

Um. Yeah.

So- this is the biggest problem I have with getting into the new Opeth. Insomnium may have put out a recording that rivals, well, anything. Winters Gate is a masterpiece. Sorceress is just a good Opeth album.

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #592 of 4,573
Um. Yeah.

So- this is the biggest problem I have with getting into the new Opeth. Insomnium may have put out a recording that rivals, well, anything. Winters Gate is a masterpiece. Sorceress is just a good Opeth album.

Yes, the insomnium album is so good it is hard to believe. It is their crowning achievement thus far imo.

I will say, opeth new album is growing on me. But it is nowhere near the insomnium offering.

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #593 of 4,573
defectoexcluded.jpg

Dont know much prog it is, always had difficulty arranging the metal I like to listen to into categories

Dude! Nice album. The way heavy Prog is nowadays, it's always hard to classify.

Anyway, that album has some serious sub-bass going on. Definitely worth a listen, y'all.

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #594 of 4,573

I've really been enjoying the latest album from The Dear Hunter that came out last month. Not *quite* as good as Act IV, but Act V does a great job of continuing the story arc and there are definitely some really good songs on there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back