Prog rock
Sep 1, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #483 of 4,573
Sep 1, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #484 of 4,573
Very good band. It is just sad that they still sing in France-language. :frowning2:

Even though I define myself as the "ugly American" I love when progressive bands song in their native tongue. The last song on Katatonia's new album was sung entirely in Swedish and it is lovely. I guess you do not like progresso Italiano or Krautrock either?

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #485 of 4,573
Agree It is a form of arrogance that English speakers expect songs to always be sung in English. Singing in their native tongue adds authenticity to a band.

I particularly like 'Icelandish' as used by Sigur Ros and the bonkers Kobaian of Magma

EDIT on a more serious note, Italian has to be the world's most beautiful language and sounds superb on Progressivo like Pfm and Banco

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #486 of 4,573
Speaking about Italian prog, try this new one:
Doracor - 2016 - Passioni Postmoderne Di Un Musicista Errante
I don't know what to like more the music or the album cover :)

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #487 of 4,573
My favorites are Renaissance, Genesis, and Mike Oldfield. Another totally obscure band that had some awesome 'prog' songs is Lost European. You'd be hard pressed to find any of their CDs but you can download their music for free at http://www.freemusicpublicdomain.com/royalty-free-progressive-rock-music/  Take a listen to 'Homos in Space' or 'Man in the house of cards'.

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #488 of 4,573
Even though I define myself as the "ugly American" I love when progressive bands song in their native tongue. The last song on Katatonia's new album was sung entirely in Swedish and it is lovely. I guess you do not like progresso Italiano or Krautrock either?

I listen more bands that sing in their native tongue. I listen even Classic-Opera. I listen do it, I just have to download the lyrics which is a extra task. I doesn't hold me of listening though. 

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #489 of 4,573
I just have to throw Boris into this discussion – all Japanese all the time!

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #490 of 4,573
Been listening to a lot of My Brother the Wind last few days. Really, really good stuff. Check it out!

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #491 of 4,573
Been listening to a lot of My Brother the Wind last few days. Really, really good stuff. Check it out!

Sounds good, reminds me a bit of Änglagård

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #493 of 4,573
Not wanting to break up all the lovely nostalgia, but I have to share this one. Just love:

Amadeus Awad – Death Is Just A Feeling

Sounds holographic in parts on my alpha primes. Just a wonderful prog album.

Long time since this has been posted. But a very very good album. Thanks for posting.

I am slowly getting through this tread and there are several artist I've never heard of.

Great thread :)

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #494 of 4,573
Delivering Wednesday, the 21st...

https://www.burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/product/313/7804/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back